PDA

View Full Version : FAA to JAA with delta ?

skyman68
24th Jan 2004, 08:06
is delta academy at sandford approved to give CPL JAA modular training?
what have changed since comair academy?
I would be interested to go there to convert my FAA ATP.any advices?

dorosenco
24th Jan 2004, 10:43
skyman68,

If you have any questions on requirements for conversion go to my website www.passion2fly.com and read about it.
Regarding Delta Academy, yes their are approved for modular JAA CPL through AFT in Coventry, Uk. I did all my license conversion with AFT myself.
I suggest to go to Delta for you ATPLs if you live in the US since you can now sit them in the US. Then, go do your CPL conversion in Florida also, it should take you less than a week (it took me 5 days and I don't have a FAA ATP). Then go to AFT in the UK for your ME-IR conversion. I did mine in 10 days including the MEP.

good luck,
send me a personal e-mail ([email protected]) for more info if needed ...

captain_fantastic
24th Jan 2004, 23:34
Skyman,

Yes, Delta Connection are approved to do Modular CPL training. They have a joint approval under Atlantic Flight Training in Coventry's FTO. How many hours have you got? Do you know what you need to do to convert?

Typically what happens is you would need to do all of the ATPL theory which takes the most time (anything from 6 months to 1 year). Once you've completed the theory you will start flying, but that should actually only take a couple of weeks, again I'm not quite sure of the exact time frame - it depends on your experience.

The one thing is that you can't do your Multi-IR flight test here. It has to be done in the UK.

To answer you other question. Nothing has really changed except for the name since Delta took over Comair

I can highly recommend the Academy. The standard of training is excellent and the courses are well run.

Hope this was helpful.

C_F

BillieBob
25th Jan 2004, 00:08
Delta Connection Academy does not hold an approval to provide JAA training, joint or otherwise (there is no such thing as a joint approval). Atlantic Flight Training holds an approval to provide JAA training at Sanford using Delta's facilities.

This may seem like splitting hairs but it is an important distinction. Should AFT decide to pull the plug or run into any other difficulties which result in them losing their approval, Delta cannot continue to train for JAA licences and ratings on its own and would bear no financial responsibility to its JAA customers.

There is no suggestion that AFT is in any kind of difficulty, or is likely to be in the foreseeable future but if you are spending large amonts of money it is as well to know who you are really dealing with.

skyman68
25th Jan 2004, 07:16
what I have to do?

only a CPL and the IR. I did already the 14 exams in europe.My experience is 2000h, FAA ATP, MEI,CFI
only 5 days at delta academy for the CPL? seem short!

any other advices you could give me?
do you have the website of this school in UK?

DXman
6th Feb 2004, 16:03
Here is the website: http://www.flyaft.com/

;)

jacqueline
9th Feb 2004, 03:42
YES DELTA PROVIDE JAA, I WENT THERE TO DO HOUR BUILDING THEN DID MY JAA CPL. GIVE THEM A CALL & ASK FOR CHRIS McSHEA AND HELL GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO YOU NEED.
GOOD LUCK!