PDA

View Full Version : question to pilots

salzkorn
24th Jan 2004, 03:58
Hi there, and a Happy New Year to Everybody...

I'm French (hey, nobody's perfect ;) ) and I'd like to ask pilots working in non French airlines a question :

in your company, how long ago before EOBT do you have to arrive to prepare the flight (long and short haul)?
What exactly do you have to do, and what has already been done when you arrive ?

I hope I've been clear enough..

Many thanks in advance for your answers :-)

Intruder
24th Jan 2004, 10:21
Report time: 1+30 prior to Block Out (long haul only).

Crew briefing, review Dispatch Release and Flight Plan, review weather, confirm fuel, preflight airplane, check Dangerous Goods, do checklists, drink coffee.

Flight plan and weather SHOULD be prepared, load SHOULD be determined, initial fuel SHOULD be loaded...

GlueBall
25th Jan 2004, 04:38
One hour show before scheduled departure time. Usually 15 minutes in ops/dispatch office, up to 15 minutes to get to the airplane and the last 30 minutes for preflight setup.

aviator
25th Jan 2004, 10:28
- One hour for domestic flights.

- 1:30 for international flights.

T O G A Boy
27th Jan 2004, 16:01
hi. our check in time is 1hour15mins before departure time. during this time, we check the aircraft details, flightplan, weather, fuel,notams,special notices,etc... n then finally briefly speak to the cabin crew and our our way to the airport.about 45 mins before departure time...