PDA

View Full Version : typerating and ATPL theory?

Jimmy The Big Greek
23rd Jan 2004, 23:59
I have the following question and I hope somebody can give me an answer.

let's say persons holds a national license in a JAA country (he has not converted to jar-fcl) and he wants to take a multi-pilot typerating.

According with the old country's regulation the only requirement is a CPL/IR license but now with the new JAR-FCL regulatons stipulates that he must also have the MCC coarse and passed 14 subjects ATPL exams.

Even with national license must I follow the JAR-FCL requirements?

deTrix75
24th Jan 2004, 04:48
Hi Jimmy,

I would think that this is something that is subject to the laws of your country. Familiarize your self with them and I would think that you would find the answer there.

Regarding having to take the MCC and the 14 ATPL exams I think that you are misinformed there. I would believe that your country would respect the rights you have earned yourself with the old CPL, and not force upon you requirements unrelated to it. Here, were I'm from, the law states very clearly your right regarding this. However we have to maintain our national licence according to JAR-FCL requirements, but that is ok for us because the JAR is less demanding than our old law was - can you believe that? :)

I hope this helps.

deTrix

Jimmy The Big Greek
24th Jan 2004, 05:11
Thank you very much detrix75.

"but that is ok for us because the JAR is less demanding than our old law was - can you believe that?"

WWWOOOOWWW :oh:

The only country that could have more demanding laws must be FRANCE:}

Anyway thanks again!

Jimmy The Big Greek
26th Jan 2004, 23:54
Are pilots holding national licenses excempted from JAR-FCL 1.250? I really do not understand this.

deTrix75
27th Jan 2004, 00:19
I assume that JAR-FCL 1 has been adopted to greek laws. When was it done? Has you "adjustment" period passed? Why would JAR-FCL 1.250 no apply to you?

deTrix

Jimmy The Big Greek
27th Jan 2004, 00:27
Well the transition period has just started.

JAR-FCL 1.250 states clearly that I need MCC coarse and the ATPL theory to take a "multi-pilot" typerating. The Greek national requirements does not have this requirements. Should I look on the Greek laws or the JAA.

Is it like only holders holding a JAR-FCL license that need to follow paragraf 1.250 or must even holder with national licenses follow that?

Let me give you an example.

Greece has entered the transional phase in February.
If a pilot with a Greek CPL/IR license wants to take a multi-pilot type this summer, must he comply with the MCC and ATPL requirements or can he take the type on his greek license and not need to have this requirements?

deTrix75
27th Jan 2004, 05:31
Ok, I'll try to answer this.

Given that this was according to Icelandic regulation (I have to take that point as I don't know the Greek law, but we can assume some point of fairness through both), and the transitional phase would start in February, you would be allowed to finish the training you started according to national requirements, given you started before February and were done with it before the end of the transitional phase. Any training started after the beginning of February would have to be according to JAR-FCL, type ratings too, even if you had a national licence.

So given above and that you want to get your multi pilot type rating before the summer, you should start now. But keep in mind that you might not be as attractive as the next fellow, if you are applying for a job, if you don't have any MCC but he does!

I have to emphasise to you that you will have to familiarize yourself with the Greek law or move to Iceland. Read the regulations for your country and ask the Greek CAA (if they are ok to talk to).

deTrix

Jimmy The Big Greek
27th Jan 2004, 14:43
Ok, now I have to spend more money on this career. Atpl groundschool, MCC, God when will it stop.
JAA sucks,