PDA

View Full Version : Straight onto the big jets?

Aerofoil
21st Jan 2004, 22:06
Hi all

We have all heard of people coming straight out of their training with 250hrs and getting a job flying 737s or A320's but i was wondering something....
Do people ever come straight out of training and go straight onto something like the 757 or even wide body jets?
Ifso is this like 1 in 100 people?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Luke SkyToddler
22nd Jan 2004, 03:09
Hey zerouali I was just reading through some of the old threads about you-know-what the other day and wondering about you ...

Are you still at Jerez? Is it all still working out for you? Have you sorted out an aeroplane to fly after graduation?

cheers

LST

euroflyer
22nd Jan 2004, 15:03
Being an ab-initio with just over 200hours, I waited almost 2 years for my first job...and whilst waiting I think the best thing was to work for an airline in the office. Not only did I get to know the airline inside out but it got me that first jet job once I knew the right people and once vacancies arised.

I am now flying the 757 !! and of course you need luck on your side, to be at the right place at the right time but if you work hard and target the right airlines it is certainely possible! keeping current is also important.

best of luck!

A/T ARM
26th Jan 2004, 18:12
I worked for an airline in the offices for over 6 years and paid for all my flying training during that time (self improver route).
With just under 300hrs I secured myself a position as F/O on a 757 - but not in the same airline. Helps to network and make contacts.
Now loving every minute of chosen career!!