PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Handling Agent?

ChiefT
21st Jan 2004, 18:43
What is your guys favourite handling agent on which airport in Europe? Which one is the worst?

Taikonaut
22nd Jan 2004, 13:43
Maastricht Handling in Maastricht (Beek, EHBK) have always been really good. So were the guys in Vatry (LFOK). :ok:

Haven't found a bad one in Europe yet. However, I can name a few in the Middle East and Africa.

CR2
22nd Jan 2004, 14:56
Aeroporti di Roma :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Phil Brockwell
22nd Jan 2004, 16:06
More importantly which are the worst?

CargoOne
22nd Jan 2004, 22:14
good: Maastricht Handling, Aviapartner OST, all handlers at HHN, Lachs (not sure on spelling) at LGG.

worst: Servisair SNN, Iberia handling across Spain

felah
23rd Jan 2004, 04:48
Worst : Got to be Servisair DUB without a shadow of a doubt, reason why too many to list but if you have the time I can, and you certainly need time if they are handling you!

opsmaneurope
23rd Jan 2004, 05:37
The words 'Favourite' & 'Handling Agent' in the same sentence are something of a contradiction in terms.
Luxair in Luxembourg have to be the worst, they have the monopoly and don't they know it!!!
CircusAir in Bristol, in the old days, used to be good, one of the few decent CircusAir's around, not sure how they are now.
Derry Airport Handling were also great for being called out in the middle of the night to open up the airport when BFS was fogged out. The firemen & airport manager come ATC were great for unloading 'budgie' freighters.

Jack.D
23rd Jan 2004, 06:41
I have always found Servisair pretty useless across europe and espcially spain!
Luxair have always been very good,although I hav'nt been there for a while...

Basil
23rd Jan 2004, 17:55
Swissport are generally pretty efficient.
Not Europe but have to say their young lady at Nairobi is very good.

GlueBall
23rd Jan 2004, 23:38
Arlandia. Nothing like having one beautiful, tall, green eyed, full figured blonde viking handle your paperwork. :)

fesmokie
28th Jan 2004, 22:06
Aero Ground Sevices in EHAM treat us REAL GOOD!! Great bunch of folks.:D

Cee of Gee
29th Jan 2004, 03:34
Good ones, not that many!
TNT & Aviance Cargo @ STN v. good:ok:
Also the Novia lads @ GOT.

In defence of a few of the not so good ones, low £'s, antique equipment, lack of training & s:mad: t weather dont help!

Huck
29th Jan 2004, 09:13
Vatry rocks! They gave us a champagne toast at arrival - I still have the glass.

Taikonaut
30th Jan 2004, 03:24
Gotta concur with Huck. Vatry does rock. Got two bottles of champagne (one for the crew and one for me and the little lady. Thanks Archie). This was a few New Years ago.:ok:

Just a bit of info here, Vatry (LFOK) is in the Champagne region of France about 150 nm SE of Paris CDG. The closest town on the map is Chalons en Champagne.

redsnail
31st Jan 2004, 09:20
FAS in Paris, Manuel is fantastic.
Eindhoven Handling :ok:
Aviapartners in Liege look after us pretty well.
Coventry Handling do a not a bad job.
However, hats off to the lads in Kassel for their huge effort Thur night (29/1/04). Outstanding effort. :ok:

egeebee
31st Jan 2004, 10:45
Multiflight at LBA are good, not many know it but very efficient at handling us on cargo jobs.

Midwest Exec at EGBE are very good too. Staff go out of their way to make us welcome. Complimentary cold beers go down well when night-stopping!!

Hear they have just opened at Newquay/St Mawgan too? About time there was a decent handler in the South West

Good luck to em!

Huck
31st Jan 2004, 21:20
Not in Europe but I always was a fan of Carlos the Nine-Fingered in Campinas. Always brought us a cheesecake, with one slice to him as a kickback.

MidnightSpecial
1st Feb 2004, 01:33
Manuel? Miguel? It's been a few years but BQN had the best handler.

On long layovers he would drive us to the beach for snorkeling.

He was always in a good mood and had a cooler full of liquid refreshments for us crews.

MS