PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair,50quit and what then..?

Pointer
21st Jan 2004, 06:10
Who can enlighten me on this, i did the 50 pounds thingy and wonder what now?

Thanks but no thanks for the smart one's; i am quite capable to fill this forum with useless remarks my self.

But how will you ever find out if you make it past the 50 quit ?

do you get at least a reply in the form of a rejection?

Thanks

Pointer :E

270/55G75
21st Jan 2004, 17:06
I fulfill by far the requirements, filled in the form, 50 quit was deducted from my mastercard in no time and...........since then never heard anything.

Better spend it on beer.

foghorn
21st Jan 2004, 17:40
For a second I thought this was about a mass walkout....

M.85
21st Jan 2004, 18:38
thats right you pay and no answer..spend it on wine not beer:p

M.85

Bobby Guzzler
21st Jan 2004, 20:29
I unfortunately paid 50 squits straight into O'Leary's pension fund too. Must all have 'Mug' tattooed across our foreheads!

Pointer
22nd Jan 2004, 04:42
So are there any people who can add some positive thoughts to these 50 pounds?

Just for fun; howmany people actualy got news and where hired after applying online?

:\ Pointer

vfr on top
22nd Jan 2004, 19:41
Just out of interest, did you go through Ryanair's procedure of applying to one of the training providers first? As i understand the selection is done by one of these training providers eg. Gecat, and then getting the go-ahead to apply to Ryanair.

trainer too 2
22nd Jan 2004, 20:10
Assuming that you do not have a 1000 hours Jar25 the ryanair website clearly says:

1. Apply to a Ryanair Approved training organisation

Contact one of Ryanair's approved training organisations. They will interview you, and assess you on a simulator. If you are successful they will direct you to apply online.

Do not waste your time or money applying online unless you have the school backing.

If have the 1000 hours I would still first apply to school. I got through without paying the GBP50... ;)

Tosh McCaber
23rd Jan 2004, 04:28
Ah, but did you get through without paying the £20,000 Type Rating Fee???

I think not?

Pointer
23rd Jan 2004, 05:34
Well i have the 1000+ and i just reacted on an advertisement here on Pprune not to long ago, (the short "cheap" banner one)

And it gave a link to this page that again said if you had the hours etc apply direct...?

That's all. :(

Mister Geezer
23rd Jan 2004, 16:06
Perhaps the £50 fee is going towards the kitty for painting the fleet in the compamy colour scheme? Some shabby make-shift liveries going around on their fleet at STN over the past few days!!!!!

trainer too 2
23rd Jan 2004, 17:21
Yep Tosh, paid the money and got the best job I could hope for. No I do think it is not nice to have to pay it yourself but then the money (after line training) is great, hardly a boond so free to move and for a low timer the 737 is the best! Beats the FI or turbo prop route as that would have cost me much more than the money I paid to GECAT. :p

dreamingA380
23rd Jan 2004, 17:59
Yup.
sounds like we must have "mug" tatooed on our foreheads.

O'Leary has "Pog mo thoin" tatooed on his.

thats Gealic for Kiss my ar$e!
... and I would if there was a job at the end of it!:D

Chinos
26th Jan 2004, 10:17
There is only one way into Ryanair that I know of and that is via their broker: Brookfield Aviation. They know more and a call to tem can answer many questions that are posted here.
You will never get a reply over the 50 quid website.
I found out the hard way, too...
Cheers.:hmm:

desafinado
28th Jan 2004, 22:21
Why would anybody -apart from the desperate wannebees- pay any money to get his/her CV looked at? I am surprised that Ryanair still finds enough experienced pilots who don't mind getting milked and treated second class!