PDA

View Full Version : Missing ATPL papers Jan 2004

bailey
17th Jan 2004, 02:00
Hi all,
Anyone know anyone know the status of the Florida ATPL papers that were lost by FedEX this month?

We have heard that they haven't shown up at the CAA and the results will now be late. That was the last info from yesterday.

Can anyone add to this? What happens if they aren't found? I really don't want to have to resit these and I don't believe we should have to.

Thanks.

Bailey

skyman68
17th Jan 2004, 22:04
Ii have found a packet this morning in my garden in florida.It s a CAA form with some tests results. Now if you want you results, I want 100'000$ cash.I will call you to know where and when we will have to meet.Please no FBI or CIA or I burn the results.
:p

captain_fantastic
18th Jan 2004, 00:06
The last I heard, the papers were stuck in East Midlands Airport waiting for someone from the CAA to go up and get them released from Customs - dunno why there was a problem this time, there's never been any issues before!!!!! :confused:

bailey
18th Jan 2004, 00:30
Captain F.,
Are you sure about that? We heard they were lost but if what you say is true, then it is another serious **** up on the part of the CAA. They wouldn't be slow to collect the 52 quid each paper from us if they were left in the East Midlands customs office.

Then when stress levels are high we get this just because they can't get their heads out of their areses and go to East Midlands??? I wonder how would they feel about refunding our money if the exams results are late. I alone gave them 364 quid for this sitting. I could have personally flown them to the CAA for that price.

Bailey :*

captain_fantastic
18th Jan 2004, 06:46
Bailey,

I totally understand where you're coming from and either way, it is a massive :mad: by someone, whether it be the CAA or FedEx. I didn't sit in Jan. but have done in the past and will be sitting in Feb., again what I said above is just what I have heard from my instructors.

For everyones sake I hope that they haven't been lost.

C_F

bailey
19th Jan 2004, 21:38
I hope so too. It is strange that such an important topic for however many people took these exams in Florida, that no one has any further info. Weird!!! They are due Thursday so we'll see.

Bailey

My names Turkish
20th Jan 2004, 02:55
So is there any word on if the Papers have been found yet? Do I understand correctly that the results for the Students in the UK are being delayed until the Florida Papers are found?

Just another student
20th Jan 2004, 05:10
I really hope that this is not the case. Its hardly fair that the US papers went missing and their results will be delayed. But punishing us UK students by pushing back the release date is not on either. There maybe a perfectly good explanation for this whole fiasco, but right now i'm waiting on results (like many others) and i'm bound to be a little selfish :E

My names Turkish
20th Jan 2004, 05:15
Just another student: I didnt say that was the case, just what I had heard about 10th Hand. I would be very peeved if I was in the UK and it affected me. Its the longest two weeks of your life waiting for the results, I would have gone stir crazy having to wait any longer for my last set. Good luck to the lads who know me waiting for theirs, you know who you are! Slan, Au Revoir and Ciao;)

Just another student
20th Jan 2004, 06:00
I appreciate that its only a rumour, but they do say that there is no smoke without fire :(

Here's hoping they arrive asap :ok:

The sooner they come, the sooner I can plan for re-takes:8

bailey
20th Jan 2004, 07:40
It is not a rumour.......We have been officially informed that they hadn't shown up at the CAA by at least last Friday and that is the latest we have. How that will effect the overall results release date, nobody has said. How it will effect us if they are not found, no body has said either.

I can only at this stage have hope in the system and we'll have to await Thursday next which is the day they are officially due out.

As long as they are good who cares right :confused:

Just another student
20th Jan 2004, 17:24
bailey, the rumour I was refering to was that all results will be delayed. They should be with us this week, but who knows?

bailey
20th Jan 2004, 22:48
As you say we'll see. Who knows.....Thursday morning could put us out of our misery!!!

Best of luck either way!

Bailey

Just another student
21st Jan 2004, 01:30
Good look to all who are waiting for that A4 envelope:D