PDA

View Full Version : Applying for your Licence

stag drinker
13th Jan 2004, 06:22
Hello All,
I just completed my cpl and IR Skills Tests and need to apply for my licence.
Living in the Caribbean I am a bit sceptical to mail my logbook,licences,birth certificates etc to the CAA,not knowing when and how I'll get them back,and being unable to talk to anything other than a machine on the phone!!!
Does anyone know if I can apply for and recieve my licence in one day if I personally go to Gatwick with all my stuff.
Also,any experiences with licence applications done via mail from far flung places.
Thanx alot.

Pub User
13th Jan 2004, 16:14
Yes you can. If you pitch up at Gatwick with all the required documentation, you can hand it in, hang around for 4 or 5 hours, then take it home with you.

Chuffer Chadley
13th Jan 2004, 16:26
Pub User

Are you shhuure?

I had thought that option was only open for addition of ratings etc, and not for initial CPL issue. If I had known this option was available, I'd definitely have taken it.

Good luck, Stag. A long battle lies ahead.

CC

monkeyboy
13th Jan 2004, 16:47
Yeah, watch out Stag, mine took 28 days recently.

MB

Pub User
13th Jan 2004, 21:12
Chuffer

Actually, now that you put it that way, I'm not sure. I know you can do it for a rating, and was under the impression you could do it for anything. A couple of years ago someone did it in front of me at Gatwick, but perhaps things have changed with JAA?

Monkeyboy

One of the reasons I waited several hours last time, was that the previous rating issue from there took 7 weeks to return. Luckily I wasn't in a hurry for it!

Harves
14th Jan 2004, 08:27
You used to be able to but alas no more...ratings being the exception, however, to be honest, I have found licencing excellent and it may well be worth a call to explain your circumstances.

Chuffer Chadley
14th Jan 2004, 16:42
I have found licencing excellent

Whaaaaa!?

I have NEVER heard the word 'Excellent' assosciated with FCL, here or anywhere else. You must have had the jewel-encrusted silk-gloves experience, Harves! Most of us have the marigold alternative.

Speak up, anyone else who thinks that FCL is Excellent!

By the way- submitted my application on 28 Nov. On 23 Dec it was returned, even though I submitted PRECISELY what the form asked. I've now sent off again (same information, different paper), but am threatened with another month-long wait. Perhaps I'll post the full details another time, when I've got a day or two to spare for this long and boring story.

Ciao!
CC

edited for speeling 14 Jan