PDA

View Full Version : Thomson and 737 TRs

Chuffer Chadley
13th Jan 2004, 02:56
Sirs, Ladies and Gentlemen

I, like most of you, saw the Thomson recruitment ad in Flight this morning. And a jolly nice one it was, too- a whole page of sky-blue positivity.

Unfortunately, the minimum requirement is a 737 TR and a whole bunch of hours that I 'aint got, as well as a fair bit of EFIS time.

I was wondering- just HOW MANY TR'd people are available at the moment? I thought that EJ must have just about run out by now, or is there a big box full of jobseeking, current, rated pilots?

Anyhoo, good news in the long-run at least, I suppose.

Ciao!
CC:ok:

no sponsor
13th Jan 2004, 05:53
Good timing since the EU is about to get bigger, and a whole new bunch of people will have the right to work for UK-based companies.

Chuffer Chadley
13th Jan 2004, 16:31
A whole new bunch of people with 737 TRs, tho? Perhaps that's not so likely.

To be honest, if someone from Central/Eastern Europe has taken the time and effort to learn fluent English, finance and take a JAR ATPL and 737TR, then they deserve every chance.

Ruddy foreigners... always being more determined than us. :ok:

Ciao!
CC

monkeyboy
13th Jan 2004, 16:43
Well said, Chuffer! How refreshing to hear somebody with such an open-minded view, rather than the usual, English-only speaking ,whinging wannabe views that we see on here moaning about so-called "Johnny Foreigners" taking "our" jobs.

Good on ya, mate. :D

MB

Wrong Sisters
13th Jan 2004, 17:49
Checked the application form at the website in the ad and the form is identical to the one I filled in for the 737 job in the Brittania Ad - FI 4-10 Nov 2003. Questions: Did Britannia not get enough TR applicants in November? Has anyone received a repsonse to the November ad?

Altyre
13th Jan 2004, 20:34
I had an assessment with them on december 15th and am still waiting for the results...

monkeyboy
13th Jan 2004, 23:04
Altyre, have you tried getting in touch with HR? I did mine a few days before you and ended up ringing them at the start of the New Year because the wait was killing me. Give it a go.

MB

Altyre
14th Jan 2004, 17:09
I have also called them at the beginning of the month (or the year!) and they told me they were still waiting for the results from Parc.They had been delayed because of the holidays but they were supposed to get them on that same night.I'm still waiting though.

eagerbeaver
15th Jan 2004, 16:39
I sent my application in on the 15th december i have taken Jesus' birthday and new year into account but i have not heard back, how long did you all wait to here just from the initial application?
I am type rated....but still a low hour muppet.

Altyre
15th Jan 2004, 17:04
I don't remember exactly but it was rather fast. I think it must have been around a month between the time I sent the application form back and the day they called me.
By the way,I'm not type rated.

Altyre
23rd Jan 2004, 00:00
Well, after a second call to HR I finally got an answer, I have been positive but now they only take guys rated on the 737. Which makes me wonder why they called me in the first place!
They told me that they were recruiting for the 757 as an F/O (I was interviewed to be a Captain).So we'll see what will happen now