PDA

View Full Version : B.767 Single pack ETOPS limitation.

Zingaro
13th Jan 2004, 02:11
Does your company Boeing 767 MEL preclude you from operating an ETOPS sector with one Air Conditioning Pack inop?:hmm:

None
13th Jan 2004, 03:37
The MEL precludes ETOPS with a pack inop.

Zingaro
13th Jan 2004, 03:49
Our MEL certainly precludes ETOPS and for good reason but was just curious. Returned from Cuba yesterday in this state and saw BA 767 sail by on diversion to Keflavik with fumes in cabin.

None
13th Jan 2004, 09:19
Zingaro,

Is it possible that I was talking with you near 20 West yesterday? Were you eastbound at FL300? I was the one that chimed in when I saw you," Hey, you're going the wrong way!" It sounds like it might have been you, because that jet was coming from Cuba after some serious delays due to a pack problem. We were also late.

Zingaro
13th Jan 2004, 14:52
Yep, that was us. R.Pack shut down on turnaround in Cayo Coco after arriving from Havana, so we decided to accept a non-etops return to Italy. Not the best of situations but allowable under the boeing MEL so practibable or probably my job on the line in todays happy working environment.
Must say the 277 passengers on board were the most obnoctious group of people I have ever met in my 20 year carreer.
After nearly 20 hours of duty-allowable under Italian FTLs(24 hours with our 3rd.crew member)- they had the courage to virtually spit in the faces of my cabin crew.
We regularly ply back and forth across the pond code-sharing with Cubana and apart from the odd smoker who refuses to obey the regs we have no problems, but yesterday was something else.
Still, didn't Greenland look spectacular! Your remark amused me and created a bit of mirth in what was a really heavy day.
Happy and safe flying, Zingaro.:) :) :)

None
14th Jan 2004, 04:13
So then, I stated you should have one on me. What's your home base...I might be able to make good on that offer.

jtstream
14th Jan 2004, 05:10
Haven't flown the 767 for a year now, but I remember my MEL saying that 1 pack could be inop for ETOPS not beyond 120 min. On top of this the QRH gave a max altitude of FL 350.

None
14th Jan 2004, 10:28
That is not consistent with the MEL for the operation I'm with. In the remarks section for this item it specifically states "except for ETOPs..." For non-ETOPS the altitude limit was FL320.

Zingaro
15th Jan 2004, 22:35
Latest Boeing MEL says " no etops and max FL350"
You can find me in Hotel Melia Havana most of the time.
Cheers, Zingaro.

None
16th Jan 2004, 22:25
Looked it up again, and 350 is the correct altitude.