PDA

View Full Version : HMY Questions

YVRKid
10th Jan 2004, 14:56
First, I'd like to introduce myself. Me name is Matthew, i live in North Vancouver, BC, and i'm 15. I am planning on joining the Canadian Air force, then once I serve with them, fly commercially, hopefully for Air Canada.
Now regarding HMY. I flew with 'em in August, to TOronto, and have fallen in love. Theyre my favourite airline, and I really like hearing about them. I was wondering if they are going to expand their fleet, if so, what aircraft types are they looking at, and, I read on their website they were plannin on expanding their routes with like 4 destinations to Asia, Houston, Mancheter and so on. When, if they are going to go ahead with this, will these routes be implemented, and what destinations wil they be flying to? Thanks!

Saltaire
10th Jan 2004, 21:14
YVR ,

Are you sure you didn't "fall in love" with one of their nice Flight Attendants? ;) You sound like a dreamer and that is a good thing. The way things are going for Air Canada you might well be applying for HMY in ten years. History for Charter Airlines, however, is not very friendly, unlike the service for HMY but keep dreaming...........it's a great career regardless.

Slapshot
10th Jan 2004, 23:32
Hi Mathew;

You sound like you've got your plan in place. That's good, work your plan! At 15 the plan will change many times. Sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse, but I assure you, if you choose to join my friends and I in aviation you will enjoy the ride.

Remember, working for Air Canada is not the end all and be all. You will NOT be a failure if you do not reach goals you set now. Goals change.

Aviation in Canada is as different, and challenging as there are people in the industry. From Helicopters to large jets, from Ag Cats to medivac's. Find your niche and do the best job you can.

You may find yourself happy 15 years from now flying a DC - 3 out of Whitehorse, a Caravan out of Pickle Lake, a PC 12 out of Regina, or an AirBus out of Toronto.

One more thing. Remember - It's a journey, NOT a destination!

Have fun!:ok: