PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones in flight

Snowbird
8th Jan 2004, 05:47
I just saw a clip of the Prime minister's aircraft on the news with a whole load of journalists wandering about, chatting away on their mobiles. Having seen the clip I am assuming the aircraft was in flight, I would also assume it would be a fairly new aircraft ie. fly by wire. How can it possibly be safe for these people to be using mobile phones & why didn't the crew ( BA I believe ) prevent them?
Most members of the public having seen that clip & wishing to use their own phone on a flight in the future will not believe that mobiles can interfere with the aircaft's systems, ( if journalists can use theirs why can't we use ours? ), creating more problems for the cabin crew who have enough battles over mobiles as it is.
Let's hope that not too many people noticed.

zed3
8th Jan 2004, 13:45
Also noticed in a report about the Flash B733 crash in Egypt that one of the pax phoned twice from the a/c about the delays. Can't remember whether it was BBC , Daily Telegraph or Sunday Times.....Yes , I know , the press!

phnuff
9th Jan 2004, 20:43
Some years ago, I remember an artical in a BA in flight magazine which said something like 'if you have nothing better to do on the journey, type these numbers into your mobile phone so you dont forget them'. (presumably without switching it on

That did amuse me :ok: