PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Licence Question

Jemy
26th Dec 2003, 02:59
Hi and Merry Christmas,

Could someone please confirm that Canadian Pilots have to carry their professional licsnces with them when operating.

Thanks

The Old Fogducker
26th Dec 2003, 10:36
Hello Jemy:

Yes, Canadian pilots must have their documents on-board when operating an aircraft. That will mean your licence, and medical certificate.

In commercial service, an Inspector may also ask you to prove your currency. The currency issue is solved by producing a Pilot Proficiency Card produced by yor company which shows the dates of your flight tests and recurrent training on the type you are operating.

There is no provision to "show it to me later" if you forget it at home and you are ramp checked. The Inspector will likely insist the aircraft sits where it is until you either go home and get it, or arrange for a temporary one to be issued by Transport Canada and faxed to you out in the middle of nowhere.

Hope this clarifies the matter for you.

Jemy
26th Dec 2003, 11:30
Thanks for the info.

Regards

Jemy

pigboat
27th Dec 2003, 00:56
On the other hand, they don't ask to see yer documents too often. In 37 years I got checked once, and that was by an inspector whom I knew. He was training a new hire at the time.:D