PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Question

bjomod
22nd Dec 2003, 01:54
Hi!

I reading for the ATPL-A exams, and I find the Navigation very hard! Does anyone out there have some tips for me?

Thanks!

Bjørn
Norway

Jinkster
22nd Dec 2003, 22:26
Navigation is tricky - I am currently studying for it - taking it at Silsoe in February!

What parts of the subject are you finding difficult?

I am finding it similar to flight planning and instruments althought the convergency etc is pretty hard.

Best of luck

Jinkster

M.85
23rd Dec 2003, 17:48
Gen nav is nothing else than being able to draw lines and a few formulae..if you dont get it..use the feedback exercises using the answers to understand the logic behind..it worked for me;-)
Instruments..you need to use the memory more...especially A/P stuff..Efis..
Once again use to feedback to check you understand what you are reading...
If a stupid french like me did it..you can too!!dont spend too much time behind the bar drawing though...theres always a good looking lady who also has problems with Gen Nav(who doesnt??)and whos waiting for private drawing classes;-)

All the best,
The worse is to come..

M.85

bjomod
23rd Dec 2003, 19:07
Hi!

Thanks for givin' me hope M.85
I find the subjects: " time " and " convergence " difficult and some of the exercises which consist of: hdg's og bearings and so on...can also be tricky!

Really hope i pass the ATPL-A exams so i can start flying - that's what we all looking for!

Thanks!

M.85
23rd Dec 2003, 20:53
bjomod,

just draw draw draw and soon enough youll be flying flying flying...

Get some OAT feedbacks...they were great..

M.85

bjomod
24th Dec 2003, 01:17
Hi again M.85.

Can you explain to me what you mean with the OAT feedbacks?
What does OAT stands for?

Hope to hear from you again!

Yes, all I ever do now is drawing and drawing :D

Thanks!

/bjomod

Jinkster
24th Dec 2003, 01:24
OAT - oxford aviation training - its a school here in the UK that give good feedback for examinations.

hope this helps

jinkster

M.85
24th Dec 2003, 18:16
You are welcome bjomod...
Gen Nav perticularly was a pain in the a...just because i knew i would never use it...just do the exercices until the logic gets into your brain,know the formulae by heart and spit it out at the exam..then you forget all of it ...it starts right when you celebrate the PASS and drink your first beer....
OAT (oxford aviation training) feedbacks are NOT handed out like it was said..you have to enroll full time or part time..the solution would be to go there and ask very nicely people there if you could photocopy the feedbacks..go there before a week before the students do their exams as they will have by then all of them..they are given at the end of the course in full...
Otherwise try to fing on pprune a guy whos enrolled at OAT in phase 2 and would be kind enough to send them to you..or fax..

All the best..after all that drawing..you could always become an architect..you see JAR exams are USEFUL:E
PS:i got the old ones(sep 2002..could send a photocopy to you if you want it bad..(pm me if thats the case)

Safe studying,

M.85
M.85

M.85
30th Dec 2003, 18:38
Bjomod,
I have just sent you about 100pages to your home address including feedbacks from OAT(last revised June 2002),explanations and answers including my notes on some exercises from the mentionned feeback.
Hope that helps..

Keep smiling..soon enough youll be flying;)

M.85

willby
31st Dec 2003, 10:59
Hi M.85
If it's not too much trouble I would be very grateful for a copy of those OAT feedback questions also. You can get my email from profile. Tks

coolpilot
1st Jan 2004, 22:44
M.85,
I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble if you could send me a copy of the feedback as well? Thanks :-)
coolpilot

M.85
1st Jan 2004, 22:56
HI Guys,

Just to let you know,the papers i sent to the norvegian guy was by regular mail..hence the price..I cant afford to photocopy 100+ pages and send by the post office to you and others who pmed me.
If I had work_hence money i may do it for a few more.I hope you guys understand.
If bjomod wants to copy and send his set of my notes and feedbacks,ask him.I dont pretend to any COPYRIGHTS:E

Hope you make it..

M.85