PDA

View Full Version : A licence question ???

Dantruck
21st Dec 2003, 18:50
My friends

I hold a British private helicopter licence, issued pre-JAR, by the UK's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).

My current medical and type certificates are issued under JAR as, unlike Spain, the UK has fully implemented JAR procedures for helicopters.

Now that I live in Spain, do I have to register my licence with DGAC, Aena, or some other Spanish authority to fly EC-registered aircraft here? If so, how?

And is my medical and type certificates not automatically valid in Spain, a JAR nation?

It seems that, despite being a JAR nation, Spain has so far failed to implement JAR-FCL-2 [for helicopter]. Can anyone tell me when this might happen?

Thanks for helping.
Dan

richiya
22nd Dec 2003, 00:58
your type and medical are valid here in spain, your licence unfortunatly are not, you must convalidate your licence and I recomend you do it under JAR regulations, that way you can use it elsewhere. The convalidation process is quite simple( for airplanes at least, I imagine the same aplies for chopers too).
good luck. Go to any aeroclub close to where you are and they´ll explain everything in more detail. In Madrid I recomend you go to Cuatro Vientos, you have lots of places to choose from.

regards, Richard