PDA

View Full Version : Night Rating

TRon
20th Dec 2003, 21:21
I have just completed my CPL/IR and I heard a whisper that you dont need a night rating for fATPL issue, or is that just tosh?

I was looking in LASORS online for some guidance but cant find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

Keygrip
20th Dec 2003, 23:10
Tron - now I'm serioulsy confused.

Suggestion of LASORS and a UK address on your posting strongly indicates you are discussing JAA qualifications.

Two (pedantic) comments, however, before we start. There is no such thing as a nightr rating anymore. There is no such thing as an fATPL.

It's a night QUALIFICATION (and there is an important difference).

It's a CPL (with an I/R).

Onto your question.

I cannot access LASORS at the moment - but do you not require a night qualification (or at least have done the training for one) before taking the CPL skill test???

What course have you just completed to qualify for the issue of the CPL?

TRon
20th Dec 2003, 23:14
Ah right, my apologies :p

Yes, it is JAA and I have just spoken to someone who told me the same re: fATPL, what I mean is CPL/IR!

I havent sent away for licence issue yet, but just wondering whether I need to do the JAA night qualification.

Thanks in advance.

BillieBob
21st Dec 2003, 03:54
If you didn't have a night qualification prior to commencing the modular CPL course, you should have done 5 hours of night flying over and above to the CPL training. If your training provider didn't do this, your CPL(A) application is likely to be rejected. (LASORS D1.2(D) refers).

High Wing Drifter
21st Dec 2003, 05:09
Also, if you do your IR before the CPL you need a Nigh Qual to start the IR. It is all in LASORS.

Sally Cinnamon
23rd Dec 2003, 15:50
You do not need a night qualification before commencing a modular CPL or IR course but you do need to meet the requirements for one before you can have the CPL ISSUED!

If you already have your CPL and IR passed then you now need to do 5 hours night flying to include 3 hours dual and 2 hours solo. The solo hours need to include 5 full stop landings. You do not need any paperwork, just put the hours in your log book.

Before anyone tries to disagree, this is exactly what I did. Then sent the paperwork off to the CAA and 3 weeks later a little blue book arrived.