PDA

View Full Version : Jet 2 and FlyBE

overalls
19th Dec 2003, 19:04
With flyBE looking into new aircraft to replace the old 146's it was mentioned that they were to trial the likes of a 737 and 319/320.

Recently there was a mention that Jet2 were to opperate a 737 doing mail at night then a re-role to carry FlyBE pax during the day as part of the longer europe trips from Exeter or Southampton.

This would make perfect sense before diving in and going for a new type, which makes me think that its a load of rubbish.

Can anyoune shed any light on this or is it the typical FlyBE bull.

brabazon
19th Dec 2003, 21:57
I would have thought it would be Channel Express doing the operation as they have 737QCs, rather than Jet 2 who have all pax aircraft and are unlikely to use them for a "competitor".

4Screwaircrew
20th Dec 2003, 06:06
The livery is immaterial Jet2 is a trading style of Channel Express, it would not be a shock to see a QC tasked this way.

EGTE
21st Dec 2003, 17:14
I'm told that, until June 2004, the Exeter Channel Express Boeing 737 mail flight will be operated by a Lockheed Electra (posibly Air Atlantique). If Flybe are to use the EXS B733 for daytime services - what price on scheduled passenger Electra flights for a few months prior to the 733's introduction?

Daysleeper
21st Dec 2003, 23:26
Lockheed Electra (posibly Air Atlantique). ....... what price on scheduled passenger Electra flights for a few months prior to the 733's introduction

1 there aint any other Electra's avaliable (Amer Air's is on TNT)

2 Come on really I know FlyBe's pax are used to turboprops in the form of the very nice Q400 but I think they might scream and run away at the prospects of a passenger electra op. :cool: