PDA

View Full Version : Where to do FIC?

CapedVulture
19th Dec 2003, 08:37
Hi there

Seriously thinking of doing Flight instructor course early next year. I have been to see Goodwood Flying school and Wycombe Air Centre in the past couple of days and thought both had a good setup.

I`m based in Reading, Berkshire, but would be happy to relocate to cheap accomodation anywhere around the south of England to do the course full time.

Can anyone tell me of any other good schools in the South England area and what it is about the school that appeals to you?

Apologies if this topic has been raised before.

18greens
19th Dec 2003, 20:44
White Waltham does one close to reading.

The biggest tip I got (and did not follow) is go to a place you have a good chance of landing a job afterwards. They always seem to prefer their own.

The redhill bunch of schools and the cabair group are two places to try.

mad_jock
19th Dec 2003, 21:42
Very good advice 18.

I know its a bit far north but tayside have a contract teaching RAF cadets and as most of their instructors have landed jobs recently it could be a good move.

But Dundee is a bit of a ****e hole but no worse than Coventry or Bristol. But the flying is fun and there is plenty of it, if the wx hold out

MJ

360BakTrak
20th Dec 2003, 05:43
Aero's at Gloucester is an extremely good outfit with a great bunch of instructors......I highly recommend it. They also do IR's etc if you've got money burning a hole in yer pocket!:ok:
And its only an hours drive from Reading!

FMIRC
6th Jan 2004, 00:21
Try the Flight Centre at Wolverhampton (nee Halfpenny Green) - good friendly school with an excellent FIC instructor (Mike). Also plenty of good cheap accommodation nearby and an FIE on the same field. www.hgfc.co.uk

pilotbear
7th Jan 2004, 05:05
David Coulson at Cranfield - Cranfield Aero Club 01234 752272 :ok:

HON
13th Jan 2004, 02:03
Hi, if no joy at the Flight Centre, then either try C and S Aviation at Wolverhampton, a very good school or as already mentioned Aeros at Gloucester

Khaosai
13th Jan 2004, 05:10
Did the FIC back in 93 with Tayside. Excellent instructor in SE, very informative with an excellent temperament. He's probably moved on now, but I'm sure they have found an able replacement. Rgds.