PDA

View Full Version : JAA Flight engineer licence

M.85
17th Dec 2003, 21:13
Hi all,

I recently thought about doing a Flight Engineer course...I know in the US its fearly basic..sit one exam like the ATPL..and thats it.(i think:hmm: )
I went on the CAA site biut it seems very complicated...hopefully i already have a JAA ATPL(A) so i dont have to resit the 14 jars but do i have to buy a type as an FE???that seems odd..
Isnt the licence just a written exam?and the Airline will give you "line training"and extra ground school?

Thanks for your help..

Thought about it as i cant see myself serving tea/coffee to stay in the airline business...tried the barman thing..didnt fancy that...

Safe flying,

M.85

BillieBob
18th Dec 2003, 00:10
There is no such thing as a JAA Flight Engineer's licence. JAR-FCL 4, which will eventually contain the requirements, is not even published in draft form yet. I guess that you must have been looking at informatiuon on the UK National licence.

Given the small and ever decreasing number of JAA types with a 3-crew flight deck, I doubt whether it would be worth the investment.

Engineer
18th Dec 2003, 11:42
LASORS Section K contains the necessary requirements to obtain a JAR FCL Flight Engineer Licence (F/EL). As of yet JAR FCL 4 has not yet been adopted by the UK and as stated national requirements still exist

So if in the UK contact the PLD for advice.

M.85
18th Dec 2003, 19:08
Thank you guys..

Safe flying,

M.85