PDA

View Full Version : Where to Visit

Squak2002
15th Dec 2003, 21:16
Hello all,

I've started to research as much information about Flying Schools in the UK with a view to starting in June next year. I currently finishing up my PPL now. I'm not too sure at the moment but it will more than likely be the modular route with full time ATPL study, but I would like to do as much as possible with one school.

I'm flying to the UK from Dublin in January and I will visit:

Bournemouth (BCFT)
Cranfield (CCAT and maybe Bonus)
Oxford (OAT)

Just wondering if there is any other School that may be worth a visit. Many thanks!!

John

FlyingForFun
15th Dec 2003, 21:21
Well, the three you've listed are actually airports, not schools - there are several well-known schools at each airport. But anyway.... if there's any chance that you might do a distance-learning course for the written exams, add Bristol to your list.

FFF
-------------

CAT3C AUTOLAND
16th Dec 2003, 05:59
I would visit as many as you can, then you will be able to get a flavour of what each on is like and whether you want to spend your hard earned dollars with them :D.

FFF, does one have the little blue book on the way from the CAA yet?:D

FlyingForFun
16th Dec 2003, 16:21
Cat3C - no sign of it yet, although I notice that the CAA have charged my credit card already, so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer before it drops through the letterbox....

FFF
--------------

CAT3C AUTOLAND
16th Dec 2003, 23:45
Mmmm....money out as SOON as they receive the application, then goods to follow, sounds familiar :D.

FougaMagister
20th Dec 2003, 03:43
Squawk2002, in between visiting Cabair and Oxford, find some time to drop by Atlantic, in Coventry. It's not too far from either!

Cheers

Squak2002
22nd Dec 2003, 16:34
Cheers to everyone for your help.
FougaMagister, will do!!!!

It's going to be a very busy week for me, well better
safe than sorry.

John