PDA

View Full Version : Ist pilot non-captain hrs

lumbertoast
15th Dec 2003, 17:38
Hello all,

a rather trivial but potentially fund-saving question. I am a QSP(H) who has just completed the ME-IR, MECT, and Skills Test for the CPL(A). My question is whether fixed-wing hrs on Tucano and Hawk accumulated during flying training that were flown and logged as 1st pilot non-captain(eg. ghosted solos, ferry flights, formation leads and airshow support) can be counted towards the 100hrs PIC requirement for the CPL(A).

Can someone please put me out of my misery as the 'reply within 10 working days' that the CAA promises is stretching into weeks.

Ta!

Lumbertoast

BEagle
16th Dec 2003, 07:08
Odd one this. You must complete all required theoretical examination and flying training requirements before taking the CPL(A) Skill Test. As a QSP(H), you are credited 100 hours of the 200 hour total flight time experience required for the CPL(A); however, what is not clear is whether with 100+ PIC time on helicopters, you still need the 100 P1C on aeroplanes. Presumably whoever did your CPL(A) Skill Test checked first that you were eligible to take it?

Notwithstanding the above, P1 non-captain time in military aircraft counts only as PIC U/S for civilian purposes - not P1C.

Personally, I think that you should emphasise your total PIC (Captain) time, rather than seek credit for your PI non-captain time in the Hawk and Tucano.

So much easier when the RAF training system gave trainees more solo time....

lumbertoast
17th Dec 2003, 17:24
Cheeers for the info.

The way I read LASORs, implied that some of my rotary PIC would see me over the finishing line-but alas, reality intrudes. It appears I am 8hrs short, so some local flying club will be the lucky recipient of that deficit....

BEagle
17th Dec 2003, 17:53
Don't forget about RAFFCA - Cosford has a flying club as does Brize and I'm sure they'd be happy to see you!

lumbertoast
18th Dec 2003, 01:12
I'd thought about the RAFFCAs as someone had a good word to say about Benson, but I didn't think that Cosford had one - I'll do some digging at work tomorrow!

Ta.