PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Concorde Vid

paulo
7th Dec 2003, 05:51
Not sure how long I can host this.

This was the video shown by BA in the hangar party on the 24th.

Unfurl your flags, stand to attention, it's a good un...

BA Video (http://www.pholmes999.plus.com/031024-1800-HangarVideo.mpg)

Man-on-the-fence
7th Dec 2003, 22:58
For those of you on a crappy 56k dial up, its 78Mb!!!

can you keep it up (fnarr fnarr) until Monday when I can down load it at work, pretty please.

Warped Factor
7th Dec 2003, 23:11
Got to 55mb, and it stopped :ugh:

Am trying again.......looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks for making it available.

----------------

Got it the second time round.

A nice and nostalgic tribute, brought a tear to the eye :\

Thanks again for putting it up.

WF.

paulo
7th Dec 2003, 23:44
yup, sorry, I should have given a warning!

This is obviously broadband territory only, but it *is* worth it.

From "le Premiere Vol" onwards... "your heart starts to pound"... "V1"...

It compiles some of the best footage, including the air-to-air (for the rebrand?), the jubileee, stuff from the sim, and the early days.

Practice Auto 3,2,1
7th Dec 2003, 23:44
Ahhh, I love Broadband :D

Superb video Paulo thanks for sharing it with us!

:ok:

vintage ATCO
8th Dec 2003, 00:17
Yes, thank you so much for posting that :ok:

One for the grandchildren.

VA

greatorex
8th Dec 2003, 00:50
Paulo,

Thank you SO much for that.

Am sat here with a tear in my eye.

G

paulo
8th Dec 2003, 01:13
It was a belter that aeroplane. It really was.

The 100 Years of flight on Dec 17 will have the class all present and correct. Missing just one. :(

drauk
8th Dec 2003, 02:57
paulo, if you can't host this any longer but you'd like to just let me know and I'll post a link people can use.

Bright-Ling
8th Dec 2003, 04:41
Paulo - great MPEG - thanks.

Did you get to Filton for the final landing?? Didn't see you at LHR!

B-L

paulo
8th Dec 2003, 05:08
Brightling - Yes, I did the Filton end, there with another 20 thousand or so! A great, if sad, experience.

clearthedecks
8th Dec 2003, 05:19
That is something to be treasured.

For those who haven't downloaded it, it is well worth it. Thanks for posting this Paulo

paulo
8th Dec 2003, 06:09
As a small bonus, for the really dedicated, here's the radio chit chat for the final 001 mixed up with another fine British thing.

In the middle of it, the slightly muffled bit, Cpt. Adrian Thomson says "If this magnificent machine was alive, it would be crying supersonic tears."

I was more than happy to be a "spotter" for the last month. Standing underneath for Heathrow departures was gobsmacking. I knew it was noisy, but oh yes, that was a noise to behold.

The Final 001 (http://www.pholmes999.plus.com/Speedbird-Coldplay-001-mp3.wav)

Keef
8th Dec 2003, 06:41
For some [expletive deleted] reason, my machine thinks it needs to load it into QuickTime. So I can't save it to the hard drive and I can't view it. Mutter!

Any suggestions, anyone? Can I FTP it? I have software that will display .mpg files...

paulo
8th Dec 2003, 06:45
Keef - suggesting the obvious here, but right click save as, then use windows media player to open the file? Assuming you're not a mac user?

Keef
8th Dec 2003, 08:29
Phew! Yes - once it had finished downloading, that worked! It started again downloading from scratch, and saving as a .mpeg. The saved copy plays, so I'm a happy bunny.

Many thanks - I'll watch it when the sound is working on the PC (I turn it off once the memsahib is in bed).

andyb79
8th Dec 2003, 09:10
what a video:ok:

but it does bring a tear to your eye

love the shot of it flying uo the mall with all those pesky hawks bothering it;) that was the same view i ever had of the beauty flying (on the day the scottish parliment opened) it flew edinburgh-glasgow in formation and that is a sight i will never forget:D

Man-on-the-fence
8th Dec 2003, 16:22
Well I got it, thanks Paulo

I didnt cry at my Fathers death and funeral in 88, nor at my Mothers in January this year. Why then am I in floods of tears now:{

LHR will never be the same, its now just another airport. And BA just another airline. Very sad.

Mike Cross
8th Dec 2003, 21:12
Paulo

Thanks for the video

If you prefer your r/t without musical backing you can get the final Speedbird 001 departure to JFK here (http://jon.blogs.com/mopho/concorde01.mp3)

Final departure of G-BOAF to Filton here (http://jartweb.f2o.org/g-boaf-final/index.html)

Mike

greatorex
8th Dec 2003, 21:40
Mike,

Right, that's it, now I'm officially a blubbering wreck!!!!! :{ :{ :{ :{

It was the emotion in the Controllers Voice as he said goodbye and thanks that got me.

One of my Daughter's first words was "Concor" when ever she saw it roaring overhead.

It really is such a waste. - It makes me SO bl00dy angry. . . .

Thanks for posting that, mate.

G

digidave
9th Dec 2003, 18:32
Paulo,

Many thanks for sharing that wonderful video. :ok:

Finally downloaded last night just after midnight! Took over 5 hours on 56k but worth every second.

I sat and watched it with Mrs dd and we both ended up in tears.

As so many have said, LHR will never be the same again.

dd
:(

bcfc
9th Dec 2003, 18:46
Saw this on Amazon. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C668W/ref=pd_sim_d_dp_2/026-4899323-7537254)

Anyone got/seen it?

greatorex
9th Dec 2003, 19:09
bcfc,

Haven't seen it but looking at the customer reviews on there, it doesn't look too promising!!

Cheers,

G

homesickangel
10th Dec 2003, 07:37
Fantastic Vid! Has anyone got a copy of the ATC for the last departure from JFK? Seachred for what seems forever but no luck! :{

Circuit Basher
10th Dec 2003, 16:02
Homesickangel - check your PMs.

Lucifer
19th Dec 2003, 20:37
Any chance of getting that video again now it has ben taken offline? Pity, but haven't been around on the site enough recently

jayemm
21st Dec 2003, 17:14
I missed this and can't seem to get the link now. Any ideas on where we can upload the video from now?

FireFoxDown
22nd Dec 2003, 02:03
Unfortunately its a "404-Not Found" for me too ... would love to get a look at it as ive seen many videos of Concorde posted on here and they have been amazing ... my thanks to all who have submitted what they have!