PDA

View Full Version : CPL mechanics

Arrowhead
2nd Dec 2003, 21:10
I am nearing the end of my CPL course in Florida - and I think I may be the first to take it at this FTO. So, a question...

I have been told the due process is get a test sign off from the CFI to say I am capable.... then do test... then send off forms to the CAA.

But I saw something about "test bookings" in the CAA guidance notes (para 2.3.1). Do I have to apply to the CAA before I can take the skills test???? I already have the groundschool finished.

Please help cos the test may be tomorrow - thanks

Arrowhead

FlyingForFun
2nd Dec 2003, 21:16
Seems like you're about a week behind me. I'm sure Keygrip will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you should have:

- A form 170A, signed by your school's CFI, to say that you're ready to take the test.

- A receipt from the CAA for the £607 fee for taking the test. My school took my credit card from me the day before the test, sent the credit card details to the CAA, and the CAA faxed back a receipt immediately.

- All the normal paperwork (license, logbook, medical, etc).

I think that what you are asking, and maybe getting confused about, is the first two of these?

Good luck for the test!

FFF
--------------

Arrowhead
4th Dec 2003, 19:13
FFF - please check your private messages - I think I have the same examiner and need tips asap - please?!:confused:

FlyingForFun
4th Dec 2003, 19:31
Will reply to your PM later this afternoon, Arrowhead - but no, it's not the same examiner, so my reply probably won't be quite as helpful as you'd like.

FFF
---------------