PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick/Pilot Shop

Howski
28th Nov 2003, 17:52
Hello All

I will be in Gatwick in January to get my Class 1, what I would like to know is the location of the nearest good pilot shop eg Transair. I wont have a car, and I will have no idea where I am as im from Scotland and havent spent much time "down south".

Any info appreciated !

Howski

Louis Euan
28th Nov 2003, 19:42
To my knowledge I don't think there are any in Gatwick itself.
Transair have pilot shops in London, Fairoaks and Shoreham but all are a good drive away. London is accessable by train in half an hour or so.
Sorry not much help.
Just take the sights in when your there! What could be better than watching 747 come into land all day! Sounds like a holiday.

Charlie Zulu
29th Nov 2003, 02:09
Hi Howski,

The Gatwick Express train from Gatwick ends up in London Victoria Station. It takes around 30 minutes to get to London.

Transair happen to have an excellent well stocked pilot shop located about 5 minutes from the train station.

From memory as you leave the platform that the train arrives on, turn left and head for the escalator and stairs that take you to the food / shopping area of Victoria Station (upstairs). Go up to the first floor of this area and walk all the way to the other end. You will end up walking out of the station onto a busy road. Turn left and walk over the road. Then a right and a left again. About 2 to 3 minutes walk down that road you'll see Transair pilot shop on one of the corners (can't remember which corner though!).

Buy your stuff in the pilot shop and the walk back to the station will seem like an endless journey weighed down with tons of equipment!!!

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Howski
29th Nov 2003, 02:52
Thanks for the reply's, I will definetley go to the Transair shop during my visit.

Been living in the Dubai for 7 years now with not a pilot shop in sight, so im sure I will be buying loads of goodies on my visit.

Thanks again !

Howski

pilotwolf
30th Nov 2003, 02:15
Apparently theres one in Crawley - think its called 50W or similar, it on one of the industrial estates - I ll check the ad tomorrow...

pilotwolf
1st Dec 2003, 00:42
30West Ltd, situated in GE Capital Aviation, Fleming Way, Crawley.
Email: sales @30westltd.co.uk
07803 047772 or 07713 564612

...no idea of their range or prices but maybe worth calling them and saving the cost of a trip to London.

PW