PDA

View Full Version : Notes

FireFoxDown
27th Nov 2003, 20:01
Hi all!

Bit of background info: 20 years old, SPL with 30 hours Cessna152's, and planning to go the whole way to CPL / fATPL when i finish college next year.

I was wondering if anyone has any notes lying around on their computer they wouldnt mind sending me? Or maybe you might know somewhere on the net i could get some? I'd be interested in ANYTHING aviation related( im a bit mad like that! :} )! All the way from PPL to ATPL, powerplants, CRM, MCC, SOPs, MET, LAW, IFR procedures(and all the other wonderful three-letter acronyms) etc. etc. etc. Obviously im not asking anyone to break any copyrights or whatever!!

Anyway - anything is appreciated! Thanks! :ok:

muppethead
27th Nov 2003, 23:40
You might find difficulty in getting actual ATPL course notes online as they are about £1000+ per phase when on an approved course and are unlikley to be available for free.

If your into that sort of thing, you might be better looking for a suitable book to buy which will start you off in the right direction.

Or, as I have found, know the Trevor Thom PPL books inside out before starting your ATPL studies, it's a great foundation for the learning ahead of you!!

Cheers, Mupp.... :cool:

FireFoxDown
28th Nov 2003, 18:07
Hey mupp - thanks for your suggestions! Yeah i have the Trevor Thom books and they ar every good - im very eager to learn, but i realise that i have to sit down and learn what i have before i more on! :ok:

muppethead
28th Nov 2003, 22:18
Oh yes, believe it!!

It's not until you start your ATPL studying that you realise how little you know about flying.

Stick with your PPL studying for now and get that under your belt, enjoy it. Then when you have enough money, enroll on an approved course for your ATPL and be prepared for a lot of hard work!!!

Best of luck, Mupp...;)

FireFoxDown
29th Nov 2003, 02:09
Hard work you say? hmmm ... :} hehe

well thanks for the words of encouragement - im sure you can understand how tempting it is to get all this info but you're right in saying that i really should focus on one thing at a time! :cool:

Thanks! :ok:

paco
29th Nov 2003, 02:31
Transair have JAR Professional Pilot Studies in by Phil Croucher that covers the ATPL for aeroplanes and helicopters

paco