PDA

View Full Version : JEPP JAR-ATPL Course

coastflyer
24th Nov 2003, 13:22
Does anyone have any information/experience on a JAR ATPL groundschool now produced by Jeppeson. I have spoke with a rep. in the US and they have advised that it is only available through British sources, ie. I need to order from the UK to Canada.

Where can I order this?

Thanks in advance,

PS. I have also been told of a distance course at Bristol...any comments or comparisons for a Canadian ATPL to JAR ATPL conversion?

boeingbus2002
25th Nov 2003, 06:22
Jepps produce Oxfords theory notes for their Ground school. Whole set available to buy from aviation suppliers without enrolling on course.

atb1943
27th Nov 2003, 04:04
COASTFLYER

Take a look at Oxford's site www.oxfordaviation.net and also trawl the Jeppesen site for dealers, say, in the UK. You'll find addresses under About us and then Find One near you. Or ask Jepp Germany for a quotation at [email protected]. If you can accept an airfreight shipment it'll work out cheaper than FedEx, after all, a set weighs about 30 kilos:

Good Luck!

coastflyer
27th Nov 2003, 12:08
Appreciate the info - incidentally, I just checked with Fedex and a 30 kg packgage costs about 165 euros to ship by air. I translated that to Canadian and it is about $257. It is cheaper for me to fly over on a pass and get it myself!!

Thanks again.

CaptStar
14th Dec 2003, 10:00
Hello coastflyer....

...could you please email me? I have the same problem.

[email protected]

Thanks.

Keith.Williams.
14th Dec 2003, 16:19
The OATS notes are very good, but before buying anything it is important to be sure that the product will enable you do whatever it is that you are planning to do with it.

Unless you satisfy some rather demanding criteria (essentially already an ATPL holder with a great many hours in multi-crew aircraft) you will not be permitted to simply study alone then take the JAR exams. The vast majority of students are required to undertake formal training before taking the exams. Exam application forms from such students will not be accepted by the CAA unless they have been signed by the CGI of an approved school. The training may be full time or distance learning.

If you are unsure what training you are required to do, you should visit the CAA website before buying anything.

CaptStar
15th Dec 2003, 00:21
Keith.Wiliams, thanks for your comments.

The reason I need it because it is being used at Horizon’s (Switzerland) JAA License conversion program.

The problem is that Jeppeson is not selling it in North America. So, in addition to the cost of the manuals I also have to pay a lot for shipping & handling.

If anyone here wants to sell his JEPP JAA ATPL theory manuals please let me know.

My email: [email protected]

Thanks.

atb1943
15th Dec 2003, 03:46
I'm sure that if Jepps N.America were to offer them, the price there would have to include the shipping cost, or a large part of it anyway. This because they are produced by Jepps in Germany and stored there.

cheers