PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher Jobs in YYZ?

exraaf
13th Nov 2003, 13:29
I am a Flight Engineer in my mid 40s with over 20 years in aviation. I am in the process of getting my landed immigrant status in Canada.

I quite aware of the bleak prospects for a FE job right now, especially in Canada.

Are there any alternatives in getting an avaition job around Toronto area? I plan get a dispatcher license once I arrive. Will that help?

All advice will be much appreciated. Thanks !

Panama Jack
13th Nov 2003, 19:46
Hi. You are probably right about the FE thing, particularly since PFE's are a dieing breed. You don't go out and "get" a dispatcher license on your own in Canada, per se, rather you get the two writtens done and then whatever company hires you will train you.

There is a recent post on a possible dispatcher position here (http://www.syz.com/avcanada/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=5111&forum=15&1) . I have no idea on pay and terms. In Calgary, Westjet continues to grow and often looks for dispatchers also, plus it is a much better place to live in Canada IMHO than Toronto.

IMC99
14th Nov 2003, 00:39
Check your PM's.

IRAN
29th Nov 2003, 08:42
if you havent a shred of morale or professional integrity; you are very shallow and easily lead; and your are willing to drink your daily dose of Kool Aid before every shift - then WestJet is the place for you.

WTFO
22nd Dec 2003, 18:40
Iran,

You speak of WestJet poorly. Any juicy stuff to support your dislike?

WTFO !!