PDA

View Full Version : Quick fire

SpeedBird 001
11th Nov 2003, 23:32
Good evening all,

Got yet another question. :p

ATPL Ground studys. 14 exams usually split over 2 modules right? Pass mark is set at %75 and some are harder than others?! My question is, How many questions are there in each subject in the real exam? Are they all four answer multiple choice? What is the time limit for each one? :confused:

A quick answer that doesn't direct me to Bristols forum would be appreiciated. I went there first!! :ugh:

Cheers Guys :ok: :ok:

From the not so SpeedyBird anymore!!!:cool:

dorosenco
12th Nov 2003, 01:55
SpeedBird,

go to my website www.passion2fly.com -> JAA Conversions -> JAA ATPL Ground examinations.

you will find all your answers ...

good luck with your exams,
:ok:

CAT3C AUTOLAND
12th Nov 2003, 05:14
Hello Bird Seed,

This is from memory so bare with me. Also, I do believe that all exam sittings are different in terms of the number of questions you actually get in the exam, but here are the ball park figures when I took the exams.

Principles Of Flight - 44 Questions
Performance - 34 Questions
Aircraft General Knowledge- 76 Questions
Instrumentation - 57 Questions
VFR/IFR Communications - 25 Questions each
Air Law - 76 Questions
Radio Navigation - 60 Questions
General Navigation - 56 Questions
Flight planning - 56 Questions
Operation Procedures - 60 Questions
Mass and balance - 22 Questions
Meterology - 96 Questions
Human Performance and Limitations - 60 Questions

The times I simply can't remember. I can't seem to find my booking confirmations which would tell me! I must have filed them in the bin. One thing I would mention though is the following I found that I was pushed for time.

Mass and Balance, which I seem to recall is 1 hour. This was simply due to the amount of calculations.

General Navigation, which is a 2 hour paper. This was due to the amount of plotting that was required and the use of the flight computer (CRP-5).

I do believe the JAA post the amount of questions and the break down on their website http://www.jaa.nl/, however, from experience it is a rough guide.

Send Clowns
12th Nov 2003, 05:22
4 possible answers each, times vary by subject and between questions, but are also very badly selected, with some "long" questions being very quick and some "short" ones taking some time. The overall takes longer than the sum of the nominal times, hence the reduction in questions for many subjects.

SpeedBird 001
12th Nov 2003, 22:35
Cheers all,

I got most of the info i need. For anyone else who wants to know Bristol DO have this covered on there web-page. I musta only had one eye open or sumfink :p

One more though. These exams aren't taken on the same day are they? Or even the same week. They are spread out aren't they? :sad:

Thanks again to all have replied.

SpeedBird:ok:

Send Clowns
13th Nov 2003, 00:02
Same week, but in the UK usually split over 2 sittings (occasionally 3), so only 7 or 8 in a week. Maximum 6 sittings allowed to pass all, maximum 4 attempts at any one subject, all within 18 months (from first exam sitting, not start of the course).