PDA

View Full Version : Hkg Atc

aluminium persuader
6th Nov 2003, 15:42
Anyone know if Hong Kong will be hiring non-local controllers in the future? I'm ADC/APP/APR rated, CAA licenced & working in Europe.

Grateful for any input!

ap.:ok:

Felix Lighter
6th Nov 2003, 17:47
Off topic - sorry......but wanted to say "well done" to the chap on approach control this afternoon.
It was as busy as Ive ever seen HKG (ok, hardly LHR on a slow day......but very busy none the less)

A super job juggling both rwys and arrivals from all over the sundial. A pleasure to be part of.

ClearedIGS
7th Nov 2003, 12:58
Sorry, no jobs for anyone at the moment and even if there were, the Hong Kong Government have a localization policy.

Felix Lighter, thanks for the comments. It's not often we get positive comments from our customers. Thanks again.

jah
7th Nov 2003, 13:43
Sorry - I don't want to turn this into a lengthy thread and I should have posted at the time but this provides an opportunity.

I arrived at HK one evening in late Sep when the area was full of CBs, both isolated and regimented (left...right?). ATC did a superb job; the service was flexible, responsive and understanding - many thanks.

FlexibleResponse
7th Nov 2003, 21:11
IMHO, HKG ATC is the best in the world, bar none!

gissmonkey
9th Nov 2003, 07:14
from what I've seen aroubd the world I tend to agree, good job boys - thanks!:ok:

bus canuck
9th Nov 2003, 10:42
Went into HKG with tons of CBs and traffic everywhere. The controller not only let all us deviate as required, but also kept his composure. I was totally impressed!

aluminium persuader
10th Nov 2003, 00:15
Cleared IGS

Thanks anyway!

:{