PDA

View Full Version : Carl Hughes F.O. Easyjet/Go.

Tom the Tenor
5th Nov 2003, 14:14
It is with a heavy heart that I bring you the sad news that Carl Hughes died at Marymount Hospice, Cork yesterday morning a few months short of his fortieth birthday.

Carl was sick for just over a year and bore his illness with much courage and a determination to never be beaten. This kind of determination was so characteristic of Carl. When jobs were just a little leaner to get Carl never wavered and always persisted until the job was landed. That was Carl - an example for anyone to follow when the spirit flags and to never give up the cause.

The arrangements for Carl is that the removal is tonight, Wednesday, 5th November, from O'Connor's Funeral Home, Coburg Street, Cork at 6.30 pm to Our Lady Crowned Church, Mayfield and the Requiem Mass is on tomorrow, Thursday at 1 pm in Mayfield.

Carl was such a good friend and a true hero. Rest in Peace.

arem
5th Nov 2003, 16:27
Really sad to hear of Carl's demise - I only flew with him a couple of times in Go and each was a real pleasure.

Give my respects and condolences to his family

pancho
5th Nov 2003, 23:16
I too am very sorry to hear this news. I did some of his early 737 training and shared a fun beer or two with him down the line.

My sympathies to his family and especially to his brother Ray, another gent.

ADFS
7th Nov 2003, 02:55
Sorry too ... all my best wishes to his survivors:{

Basic T
7th Nov 2003, 18:50
Very sad to hear this news....

Carl and I were in the same course as we joined GO.

I wish his family and friends all the best with this very sad loss.

Tom the Tenor
8th Nov 2003, 18:12
Following Requiem Mass on Thursday afternoon Carl was laid to rest at St Michaels Cemetery, Blackrock, Cork. The Church Service was attended by a large gathering of Carl's pilot friends and colleagues from many different carriers many of whom had travelled from afar to be there and who dressed in uniform as a mark of respect. A guard of honour marched alongside as Carl's remains were borne by the hearse from the cemetery gates to his place of rest and as a final salute by his colleagues a framed photograph of a GO Boeing 737 was placed in the grave atop the casket in loving memory of a great friend.

Faire d'income
8th Nov 2003, 22:03
Having had the pleasure of his company a number of times I am very saddened to hear this.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

LYKA
11th Nov 2003, 00:04
Despirately sad, I had the great pleasure of flying with Carl at GO...I will miss him

741A
11th Nov 2003, 02:50
So sorry to hear this sad news. Enjoyed a beer or two with Carl in BFS when we used to stay over there with GO. Condolences to Ray, family and friends from all in GO who had the pleasure of working with Carl.