PDA

View Full Version : Ppl

A340_rulez
31st Oct 2003, 23:36
hey guys..and girls
i'd like to know. At what age did you get your ppl, or all in all i'm asking for your opinion towards the age at which one should do their ppl, if they are thinking of going all the way and becoming a pilot???

A340_rulez
2nd Nov 2003, 03:01
come on..all you pilots out there , will have done this at some point. So could you answer my question plz!!;)

BEagle
2nd Nov 2003, 16:25

GT
2nd Nov 2003, 20:32
Hmmmm.....automatic reply has just told me that my initial posting, "32", was too short. How odd. Hope this has strung it out a bit.

Regards, GT

BEagle
2nd Nov 2003, 22:17
?

REvans
3rd Nov 2003, 04:13
Im 14 and wanting to do my PPL, having spoke to a club near me after my 1 hour trial flight, if I want I can start training now but Im not allowed to solo until 16 and can not be issued with my lisence until 17. Im weighing up at the moment which would be the best way to go.

Good Luck

FlyingForFun
3rd Nov 2003, 16:15
At what age did you get your ppl26.Your opinion towards the age at which one should do their pplAs soon as you can afford the time and the money. Of course if you're under 16 you won't be able to go solo, and you can't get the license until you're 17, in which case there's no harm in starting early but no point in going overboard to fly as often as possible.Thinking of going all the way and becoming a pilotPersonally, I thought that once you have a PPL you are a pilot. Isn't that what the second P stands for? Do you mean "thinking of going all the way and becoming a commercial pilot"? ;)

FFF
-------------

Charlie Zulu
3rd Nov 2003, 17:17
After finishing university I managed to get myself a decent job which paid enough in order for me to start learning to fly.

Started learning at 20 years young, gaining my PPL at 21 Years Old.

More recently obtained my FAA CPL/IR at the grand old age of 26.

Flew through 500 hours total time on Saturday (I'm still 26) - not many but a personal goal.

Going to start the JAA ATPL writtens pretty soon.

A friend at my home base started learning before sixteen. He solo'd on his sixteenth birthday and will probably have his PPL on his 17th Birthday.

charlie-india-mike
3rd Nov 2003, 20:20
Hi

I got my PPL at the ripe old age of 41, when I could afford the money and the time.

C-I-M

:8 :8 :8

kpx1124
4th Nov 2003, 07:09
Started flying at 27, got my PPL at the age of 28, then went on to pass my CPL also at the age of 28...