PDA

View Full Version : MCC Course

tayyareci
31st Oct 2003, 20:33
Hi,

Can anyone advice me if it makes any difference where I did my MCC training when I am applying a job ? Could you also please advice a training organisation for MCC in England which is good for its price?

Thanks

wobblyprop
31st Oct 2003, 21:03
Give JetLinx (http://www.jetlinx.co.uk) a call 0870 240 1184. They are very flexible and you'll enjoy the course. It was the best part of my flying to date.

20 hrs on a 757 but they will do 737 or A320.

parris50
31st Oct 2003, 21:23
Did mine at EPTA, Bournemouth.

20 hours in a Tristar sim. Recommended .... and no, I'm not on their payroll!

wingworker
1st Nov 2003, 16:42
Hi tayyareci

I've been looking for an MCC course recently and have heard good things about both Oxford and Bournemouth. Also following up a lead with Parc aviation who offer the course in Ireland.

If you want a full motion big jet sim then £2,800 seems to be about the going rate.

You can get the course for about £2,000 if you just want a turbo prop sim.

I'm looking at doing my training in Jan 2004 so if you're interested in joining up (most courses seem to need trainees to be in pairs for the course) then get in touch.

Good Luck!

Wingworker

boeingbus2002
2nd Nov 2003, 05:30
I dont think an employer is likely to select one person over another based upon their MCC course, however if you have a sim check on a jet sim, and you completed your MCC on a jet sim, you will have more confidence and understanding of handling something larger and faster.

mad_jock
2nd Nov 2003, 08:51
from my experence the MCC is just a tick in a box.

If you want to go turbo prop first do it in a king air sim.

If you want to go straight for jet do it in a jet sim.

MJ

FougaMagister
3rd Nov 2003, 14:47
Tayyareci - overall, most MCC courses in England represent good value for money compared to the Continent.

There are two kinds of MCC courses these days; one with all the "frills", i.e. EFIS, jet, MCDU, AFPS, autothrottle - if that's what you want, go for Jetlinx (B757 at Cranebank), Oxford (737-400 at Kidlington), Multicrew (Tristar at Bournemouth).

Otherwise, if you want to save money and get a tick in the box, go for Multiflight (Beech 200 at LBA), Atlantic Flight Training (Beech 200 at Coventry), Cabair (Beech 200 - I believe - at Cranfield), Flight Centre at Wolverhampton.

A good middle ground might be Flight Safety International at Le Bourget in Paris; they use an "full motion" airline-standard EMB-120 Brasilia turboprop sim and last year they advertised the course for the equivalent of 2,500 pounds.

On top of my head I remember that Jetlinx is 3,500 inc. VAT, Oxford is 2,800 inc, and Atlantic is 1,995 inc. VAT.

Your choice!

Cheers

Capt. Manuvar
3rd Nov 2003, 17:02
I'm not an expert on this, but people seem to confuse MCC with the Jet orientation course (JOC) which can bean advantage when applying to many airlines (according to the GAPAN survey).
I don't think airlines are interested in what type of sim used for MCC.
You're better doing the cheapest MCC and the investing in a JOC. I think oxford do a combined JOC/MCC course.
I'm not an expert on this matter, so i think i stand to be corrected.
Capt. MNVR

PPRuNe Towers
4th Nov 2003, 17:50
It may offend the providers' egos but recruiters haven't the faintest idea who these companies are.

Aviation is 100% tribal whether between fleets, bases or airlines. A biz jet place like FlightSafety is a totally unknown, alien thing from another planet, GA FTO based providers even more so.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling you a course or defending their own expensive decisions.

Regards
Rob

FougaMagister
6th Nov 2003, 13:45
Rob - from past experience, I agree that most recruiters are clueless about the flight training business, unless the applicant happens to have been through the same FTO as the recruiter - or one of the bigger organisations that regularly advertise in Flight International.

I have several times had the distinct feeling that I knew way more about today's flight training business than the people I was talking to; I can even recall a particular pilot recruiting captain friend of mine being very surprised to learn that the JAA ATPL represented 6 months' classroom instruction... he assumed it was still 8 weeks or so!

Cheers

tayyareci
7th Nov 2003, 18:58
thanks for the replies. I have decided to go for the cheapest option, does anyone know an organisation offers the course about £2000?

cheers

benhurr
7th Nov 2003, 19:24
Multiflight was £1950 last time I looked

devokeuk
7th Nov 2003, 22:04
Tayyareci,

I am supposed to be starting MCC on Tuesday but need a flying partner in order to start. If you are interested in starting next week, send me an email and i'll let you know who the training provider is and details of course.

:ok: