PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training

catherine
11th Sep 2003, 17:29
Does anyone have any views on the Air Atlantic modular course. I am planning on starting the distance learning for the ATPLs and have read lots of posts on Oxford, Bristol, Bournemouth etc but not much info on Atlantic.

Any opinions greatly appreciated so I can have these in my mind when I visit them. Thank you!

flat-tire
11th Sep 2003, 22:37
It's a good school with that family type feel. Quality staff and a really competitive prices. Probably one of the less expensive schools out there. Though the choice depends on what you are looking for. Good luck.

Obs cop
11th Sep 2003, 23:50
The school ie. Atlantic Flight Training is very well run and has a decent new building out of which it runs it's flying training and its ground training.

The aircraft are in good order and from my experience rarely have technical problems. They have a brand new seminole for twin work and are planning a new simulator to help with IR training (should also bring costs down further).

I would say it has the family feel of a flying club, but allied to a proper operations style set up with helpful and knowledgable instructors.

The costs aren't the cheapest, but neither are they the most expensive, more importantly they are very upfront. They run the training with students having accounts and the only requirement is maintaining enough money in your account to pay for your next flight so you don't run the risk of commiting vast sums to one training provider. My advice is give them a ring (Matthew Margesson is the comercial director and is very approachable) and pop down for a visit.

It is more important to feel comfortable with your training provider and to make efficient progress than go for the cheapest or try to benefit from the brand name of an organisation in which you are just another student IMHO!!!

Obs cop

catherine
12th Sep 2003, 21:33
Thanks for the advice! Will start making phonecalls to arrange visits and start the dreaded studying!

Flying Boat
13th Sep 2003, 06:00
Atlantic Flight Training.

Vgood, Vpleasant, Vhelpful.

Go for it!!!!

When you go to Baginton Airport (Coventry) take your camera, Loadsa beautiful old ACs.

Enjoy your learning.

FB

FougaMagister
16th Sep 2003, 00:15
I agree with the above; can't recommend them enough!

Cheers

Darlick
29th Oct 2003, 23:41
Has anybody out there used or have knowledge of Atlantic Flight Training at Coventry Airport. I'm thinking of using them for Cpl, ME, IR etc and they appear pretty good to me and are competatively priced. Any info (good or bad) would be appreciated though.

Thanks

Flying Boat
30th Oct 2003, 01:54
I'm there at the moment doing my IR.

Very Good, Honest & Professional.

Give Matt or Pete a visit, they are very welcoming & accomodating.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

FougaMagister
3rd Nov 2003, 14:58
I concur! Did my IR with them, and I should have done CPL there too!

Never came accross more straighforward and honest people in the flight training business. Some things they'll tell you you might not like to hear, but at least you'll know the score (including finance-wise) before you get started! They've got a good setup: excellent and modern facilities, good fleet (Warrior, Arrow, Seminole -brand new-), decent prices, good airport (with ATC, radar, local NDB, SRA & ILS approaches), adapted airspace (Daventry CTA just around the corner, BHX next door, EMA down the road, Cranfield, Cambridge close by), etc.

My advice is phone them or better still, pay them a visit. I bet you'll be impressed.

Cheers

dorosenco
4th Nov 2003, 06:49
"Never came accross more straighforward and honest people in the flight training business"

I agree, I did my CPL in Florida and wish I would have done it with AFT ...

:ok:

Chinchilla.612
6th Nov 2003, 06:15
Hiya,

Another tick in the box for them.......I have just finished my MCC course with them and found them all very helpful and a great bunch :o)

Not the only school out there, but certainly one of the better ones.