PDA

View Full Version : Dublin / Iron Maiden Bash

Tall_guy_in_a_152
29th Oct 2003, 21:19
I am giving serious consideration to the Dublin Iron Maiden bash in December (see the Bashes forum if you haven't already). I'm not a great Maiden fan, but this does seem to fall into the category of "not to be missed opportunity".

I was wondering if many other Private Flying pprunes are going?

Cheers,

TallGuy.

Penguina
30th Oct 2003, 00:25
I believe IainPoll is going. I, like you, felt it looked a bit unmissable (especially as I've never been on the flightdeck of an airliner and this looks like the only way I might now) but am grappling to overcome this urge as I can't really justify the expense. :(

tom775257
30th Oct 2003, 06:17
I shall be going too!! It should be good fun!!

FlyingForFun
30th Oct 2003, 16:35
Unfortunately, I get back from America the day before. Although it's tempting to just sit in Gatwick for the day, and then fly out to Dublin the following day, my boss wasn't too happy about me extending my holiday :(

I'm sure it will be a fantastic gig, and a fantastic bash, though, even without me there! ;)

FFF
-------------

Tall_guy_in_a_152
30th Oct 2003, 17:16
Hope to see you there Tom.

Awwww, come on Penguina, it's only money. You've got the rest of your life to pay back the bank, but this opportunity will not come round again!

Besides, I've got a plan to make it cheaper :ok: Which side of the bed do you want ?:ouch: :ooh:

TG.

Timothy
30th Oct 2003, 17:37
I've still got the scar from where I was hit round the head with an iron by Bruce Dickinson at Oundle School, 30 years ago.

He's a pilot, isn't he? I wonder if he is on this forum?

W

Tall_guy_in_a_152
30th Oct 2003, 17:56
Bruce flies out of LGW for Astraeus, as does Danny (Capt PPRuNe). Hence the bash!

Not sure if Bruce himself posts on the Forum. This could be a good opportunity to start ....

FlyingForFun
30th Oct 2003, 17:57
WCollins - yes, he is very well known on the forums, and has fronted the band at many a GatBash in the past. I believe he's actually going to be sitting in the right-hand seat of the jet that's been chartered for the bash. (And Hamrah in the left, I think? I'm sure there are details somewhere in the bashes forum, anyway.)

I haven't had the chance to chat to him at the couple of GatBashes that I've been to - but I'm sure that he wouldn't hold something that happened 30 years ago against you if the roles were reversed!

FFF
--------------

iainpoll
30th Oct 2003, 18:30
I'm not going I'm afraid :(

Instead I have three ATPL exams to look forward to that day:yuk: :yuk:

MrMagoo
31st Oct 2003, 04:31
:{

Absolutely gutted !

I'm a big Iron Maiden fan and go on holiday for 2 weeks on 1st December (booked before the tour dates were announced !), so I miss all the UK gigs !

I also have a PPL and love flying - boy would I love to have been able to go on this bash !! Lets hope its a great success and another one is arranged in the future.

To round it all off, I was also offered the chance to 'sit-in' on a training session in one of the Airbus simulators at Heathrow - 1st or 2nd of December !

It never rains but it pours !!!

:(

Timothy
31st Oct 2003, 16:15
FFF

See PM

W

Penguinetta
31st Oct 2003, 20:32
:O :O :O

Ooh, Tall Guy, Penguina will be chuffed when I tell her!

But is there room for the three of us? :ooh:

P'etta xxx

Tall_guy_in_a_152
31st Oct 2003, 22:56
Penguinetta

.... better not tell Smurph though.

There'll be plenty of room. How much space can an alta-ego need? :confused:

Mind you, knowing the size of some of the egos on PPRuNe .... :E
(this forum excepted, of course).

TG

Penguinetta
1st Nov 2003, 00:07
Tall Guy,

Oh, we wouldn't want Smurph's alter ego spoiling the fun. It's always singing, we'd never get to sleep!

Anyway, me and Penguina are a free woman! :) :confused::\