PDA

View Full Version : Skill test passed.

Dewdrop
26th Oct 2003, 15:07
I finally passed my skill test at the weekend, I'd just like to thank the examiner for being so patient and the boy's and girls at Scottish info for keeping an eye on me throughout. I'd also like to thank the weather God's for being so kind.
Its just about starting to sink in, what it means, not at all the range of emotions I expected. Now the real learning starts, as they say !:ok:

topcat450
26th Oct 2003, 15:31
Well done! Now you get to take partners, parents, kids etc for rides! Thats one of best bit as fas as I'm concerned...taking new folks up & seeing their reactions!

Well done & now you just gotta keep it current :ok:

Saab Dastard
26th Oct 2003, 20:35
Dewdrop

Congratulations! Great Achievement! :D :ok:

SD

HelenD
26th Oct 2003, 22:43
Well done its a big achievment. You will have to post the details of your route for us all to read.

Dewdrop
27th Oct 2003, 01:50
IOM - Wigtown - Dumfries (diverted back to Whithorn) with upper air work back on the IOM.

Papa Charlie
27th Oct 2003, 04:38
Many congrats DD!
:) :D

RichyRich
27th Oct 2003, 19:59
DewDrop

Well done. I've just passed mine too (in fact, just got back from the post office, sending off the paperwork). Let us know when your (sick brown I believe) licence gets back.

Richy

Dewdrop
27th Oct 2003, 20:19
No problem richy, I'm posting mine this afternoon. What was your day like ?

DD

RichyRich
27th Oct 2003, 22:53
My 'day' was in fact three days. The examiner and I already decided to split the test into two: one for navigation and the other all the general handling/circuits etc. Easier for taking time off work.

Nav went fine, covering dead rec, VOR tacking, and the instrument 180.

General handling however, as we fired up and spoke to the tower, the wind got up. We decided that the gusts (up to 20kts they said) would make the circuits a no-go, and we went to do the rest. Had to repeat one iminnent stall, as I managed to lose height when I wasn't supposed to. Second attempt was fine. Steep turns were ok, but I've done a lot better, kept rolling back to 30 degrees.

Circuits were a breeze, thanks to nice conditions (almost no wind), and a good examiner who also had her instructor hat on. I really enjoy the 'bad weather' circuit, and my glide worked out despite having had to orbit at the beginning of base.

Went out yesterday, for the first time booking out as Non-training. Brilliant. Nice landing too for a change, the circuits earlier in the week helped.

Richy

RichyRich
12th Nov 2003, 17:16
Just to let you guys who submitted applications at a similar time to me (DewDrop, VR800), that I have my passport back in my grubby paws.

Only N (where N can still be a very large number, but is hopefully only 1 or 2) weeks to go then...

RR

YYZ
12th Nov 2003, 19:16
Got my poo brown effort through on Friday, just over four weeks from sending off to getting back, 1 1/5 form getting my passport back & 3 days fron the payment being taken.

Not bad for the CAA, & although it is a bad colour it still feels good to finally get it in you hands:ok:

Thumpango
13th Nov 2003, 02:08
Well done DD - I bet you feel really chuffed!

I am taking my skills test on Saturday, weather permitting and I am getting more and more nervous as the time approaches!

I hope your license doesn't take too long to drop through the letterbox.

Dewdrop
13th Nov 2003, 15:29
Hi Richy and co. Posted my application on 27th Oct had my passport back last week.

VFR800
13th Nov 2003, 17:39
Well done dude, passed mine on 1st Nov, now you can call yourself a 'proper' pilot :)

RichyRich
19th Nov 2003, 16:06
Hi all

I originally posted my application 27 October, and received it yesterday (18 November). In case anyone collecting statistics...

DewDrop, you should receive yours about the same time?

RR

Thumpango
20th Nov 2003, 00:59
Well done DD- Congratulations!! Did mine on Sunday but am waiting for the forms from Inverness.

I was really good flying weather, certainly helped on the Nav.

Dewdrop
21st Nov 2003, 15:25
My brown thing arrived yesterday ( three and a half weeks after posting the application - not bad) it really is an awful colour though.