PDA

View Full Version : CPL in Florida, Anyone just done it?

Louis Euan
20th Oct 2003, 18:21
I know its been asked before but has anyone just completed a cpl in the states. I have an IR so it will only be a 15 hour cpl.
Does anyone have any info on schools, timescale and any problems i might incur.

FlyingForFun
20th Oct 2003, 20:15
Haven't done it yet, but heading out to EFT in less than 3 weeks.

There aren't that many schools that do it. The full list is here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_ApprovedFTOs.pdf), and unless it's changed in the last few months, they were all in Florida, except for one in Texas.

Most of them reckon 3 weeks for the CPL. The Texas school quote 4 weeks, and when I started asking around it seemed that the reason was that Texas weather isn't generally as good as Florida weather. This was obviously for the full CPL, though, so if you're entitled to an hours reduction then you'll probably be able to do it in less.

There are few enough schools on the list that you should be able to contact all of them for advice and details of their course, then go with the one you think most suits your needs. When I did this, I was pleased with all of them, there wasn't very much to choose between them.

FFF
-------------

CIPO
21st Oct 2003, 01:50
I'm also heading out to do one in Nov in Naples. Their approval is due through in the next few days if not through already.
The only other places I know of is EFT and OFT in Florida.
They quote 2 weeks to get it done so if your doing the 15 hr it would obviously be less than that.

Maybe see you there.

Charlie Zulu
21st Oct 2003, 03:16
I'd recommend Naples if they have their JAA CPL Flight Training Course approval now. They were starting the process back in August just after I finished my FAA courses. The CFI (Jatin Guar) had to go to Bristol for an upgrade course / flight test with the CAA in order for NAC to be approved.

The flight training there is good, although I've only done the FAA CPL/IR courses there, but I'd expect it'll be the same high standards for the JAA CPL course.

They have a nice Arrow IV with the Garmin 430 kit... :-)

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

ECHIE
21st Oct 2003, 22:21
Why go to USA if you can do it in the same time and for the same amount of money or cheaper in Europe?

Aeromac in Valencia, Spain, have excellent instructors (from the north of europe), very good service and excellent prices.

For more information contact me at [email protected].

With kind regards,

Theo