PDA

View Full Version : PPL and CPL with the same company??

DanRS
20th Oct 2003, 18:06
Finally I am in a position where I can start flying :) After initial concerns over eyesight it seems I am fit to pass a Class 1 :cool:

So my quetion is this:

Is it important/easier/cheeper/better to do a PPL ((h) in my case) and a CPL with the same people?

The reason being there is a school that does PPL close(ish) to me but they do not do CPL training.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Dan

AIRWAY
21st Oct 2003, 17:21
Dan,

Good news on your eyesight:ok:

Where i am at the moment the prices are resonable good much cheaper than heaps of places i know, but prices will differ from each training provider..

Im currently doing my PPL ( A ) and would like to continue at my present training provider for the CPL and so on. I think the relationship student/instructor develops during the learning you will get to know many other instructors and not only. My training provider is like my second home, the amount of time i spend there:rolleyes:

Send Clowns
21st Oct 2003, 20:35
It is not necessary. My employer offers the lot, but we have a lot of students with PPLs come in to do the CPL/IR.

The advantage of doing both inthe same place would be familiarity with the area - I never knew the Bournemouth area until starting my course, never flew here until the CPL. However if you think that is important you could do the last few hours of the 150 you need before starting the CPL at the new airfield.

ECHIE
21st Oct 2003, 22:15
It is good to do the PPL training and CPL training at one school. Your instructor for your PPL knows you and knows your good points and the points that has to be working on, so that saves time.

Myself I did the training totally in Spain, because the price is much better and the training is excellent. For example a PPL all included (also housing) costs around the 6000 euros and you can do that in less then one month. Instrument rating + multi engine rating for around the 10000 euros.

You fly from/to international airports, so perfect training to become a professional pilot.

For more information you can always contact me at [email protected].

With kind regards,

Theo

DanRS
23rd Oct 2003, 18:24
Good imput guys, thanks alot.

I definitely see the benefit of doing everything in one location, but the nearest PPL/CPL location is probably a fair trek (though I do need to do more research).

I like the idea of doing hour building at the CPL location which kinda gives the best of both worlds.

I would live to be able to go to spain (or somewhere similar) but a) I am going to have to do a modular course (for financial reasons) b)I'm not sure this is possible for helicopters?(unless of course anyone knows different)

Thanks again

Cheers Dan

Send Clowns
23rd Oct 2003, 19:26
A comment made on one of the threads here about a (fixed-wing) school in Spain suggested that they lost flying days due to high temperatures. Helicopters are even more sensitive to temperature, so you must investigate fully before you commit yourself to training there.