PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Clearance Delivery

2Donkeys
20th Oct 2003, 17:28
There is probably a really good reason for this, so my apologies for the obvious question.

Yesterday on the ramp at Dublin, I picked up the ATIS, and called Clearance Delivery. Liffy 2F, squawk and frequency, contact ground for startup. All read back and confirmed, ground 121.8 good bye.

Called the ground controller acknowledging in the initial call as requested that I had received my clearance... but no this was not enough. I actually had to read the airways clearance back to the ground controller too. My first reaction was to feel stupid for missing something that all the locals obviously knew about, until it became clear that everybody else was being caught the same way.

Why this bit of procedure? Does the Ground Control not sit anywhere near Clearance Delivery, or do they not trust the pilots to remember a clearance from one frequency to the next? :D

Is this the usual procedure at DUBLIN, I don't recall it from previous visits?

Just curious

2D

av8boy
28th Oct 2003, 05:07
I'm only replying in the hope of getting this q back to the top of the queue and answered. I'm curious as well!

Dave:hmm:

Deep Stall
28th Oct 2003, 05:44
Not sure about the actual mechanics of it, i.e.have they no means of communications now?.However, the new procedure only started when Ground moved from the "new" control tower back to the old one whilst refurbishments are ongoing for the next few months.

Only explanation I got from them one day was because "we're in the old tower at the moment"

Never saw a NOTAM but seems to be sid,stand squawk routine for the forseeable future!

l2a
28th Oct 2003, 23:39
:ok: depends on whether they were in the old twr or the new one,if there in the old one cds is a mile from grnd if not they are 2ft away current practice is cds tells us pilots to tell grnd or sid,stand and sqk so they know we have our clearance:cool: