PDA

View Full Version : Unscientific but Telling?

High Wing Drifter
20th Oct 2003, 15:17
Guys,

When I started down this road a year ago there were 20-30 posts a day in Wanabees. Can proon posts be used as evidence to create an impression of the number of folks going through training? If it can then the numbers have dropped sharply! If so then probably bad news for the industry in the medium term.

On the flip side, my impression was that Wanabee posts are a 3/4 Wanabees and 1/4 unemployed. Even the unemployed posts seem to have declined. A good sign?

Just a thought,
HWD.

mad_jock
20th Oct 2003, 16:26
I don't think numbers have dropped off that much.

Last summer there was a rush of people trying to beat the end off CAA lic being issued which may have given an artifical lift to the numbers.

OAT apparently have full 0-ftpl, 6 courses of 25 each.

And whenever I have been near Leeds Flying School and Tayflight they always have a waiting list for poeple starting.

And I can only speak of north of the border but there has been alot of movement of Instructors into airline work. Must be nearly 15 now which must be a sizeable chunk of the instructors in Scotland who are looking to move up the ladder.

Main operators being. Scot airways, Logan, Eastern and I have also heard rumours of Highland and FRA interviewing people.

MJ