PDA

View Full Version : Best thing your Student or Pax ever said to you!!!!!

orionsbelt
20th Oct 2003, 07:22
Mine was my Boss's secretary who wanted to:-

-------Loop the Loop ----------

In 92 out of Ipswich In C152 'AF'
Having 'Looped the loop' I pointed out that we passed 5280ft during the loop
J***y looked at me with massive come to bed with me eyes and said. Does that mean I am in the 'Mile High Club'.

I said 'not yet', but maybe after dinner.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and she paid for dinner too?

Come on Chaps and Ladies, Lets hear them:O

Tinstaafl
21st Oct 2003, 05:50
In a very quiet & sincere tone of voice:

"Thank you."

QNIM
21st Oct 2003, 07:15
'I Quit" only joking :O .
One student said Ive learnt more from you in this lesson than I learnt from that :mad: :mad: :mad: Instructor in the last 10 hours.
I did feel chuffed
Cheers Q

chicken6
21st Oct 2003, 16:59
"It's so simple!"

After teaching an otherwise very intelligent student to land by looking outside, using the trim, and doing exactly the club standard settings for power and flap.

If only the rest were so easy to convince.

Have also heard the previous two (but not the first!), very gratifying.:ok:

Second best was along the same lines as the first, student said after a loop "I think I had an o.... or..... "

"Orange?"

"Yes that's it an... orange."

mad_jock
21st Oct 2003, 20:57
On a gusty day, tail wagging about. On run up to test. Pretty good student with no worrys.

Student thinks I am being a swine and kicking the rudder while taxing to annoy him, because he is fannying about with paper work when he should be looking out the window. It was actaully a gusty xwind honest :D

"Am I in control" asks the the student

"No more than usual" was my reply.

At which point he called me a bastard and then gave me control because he was laughing to much.

MJ

FlyingForFun
21st Oct 2003, 21:18
Mad Jock,

Nice story... but does that really beat the time that a student asked you how she can get herself a set of pink headsets? :D

FFF
-------------

mad_jock
21st Oct 2003, 21:34
I couldn't list all the things that pinky has come out with, its not fair. There was nothing in my FIC that prepared me to teach a lady in a skirt with a want for all things pink.

To be honest all the characters up North have to be seen.

The phone calls from the tower because the lad from Cork declared

"visual with the big whore on finals" the Easy lunchtime flight.

I didn't even bother giving him a bollocking he just wouldn't have understood what the problem was.

MJ

kabz
22nd Oct 2003, 04:58
I've flown with MJ and he's definitely one of the most fun people I've flown with. Lot of fun, relaxed, good person to share the cockpit with.

When I eventually get my FAA CFI ratings, he's one of the instructors I'll be trying to emulate with my own students.

Whirlybird
22nd Oct 2003, 05:18
Doing Ex 4 of PPL(H) with my first "real" student; only done trial lessons before this. It's a little too windy, and the vis is not good; I can't work out where I am. This all makes the whole thing stressful enough that most of my demonstrations are cr@p, and my student's done a few hours f/w flying before, so has someone to compare me with. :(

Afterwards she says: "I really enjoyed that, and you're a really good instructor; I wish the ones I had at XXXX had been as good as you".

Wow!!!!!! :)

SKYYACHT
23rd Oct 2003, 12:29
One of the best that I heard, was directed at one of my colleagues (one of the most professional, yet laid back chaps I know)....

Lady First Officer (to Me)....."Being instructed by Dave is like learning by osmosis".....

Wow, what a compliment!

The best one I had was

"Thanks....now I know what a total aviation person looks like..."

I felt decidedly chuffed!

Cheers

jarjam
24th Oct 2003, 00:42
When I left my old Job one of my students wrote me a 4-page letter which was very heart felt and put a lump in my throat.

on another early lesson with a particularly keen and also attractive female student, after landing she made the following comment:

"I can't believe you let me land that you must be F~~~ing mad".

Another student on passing his PPL said simply "thanks for making me an aviator"

Bless.

On the other side of the coin you get the lazy sod's who constantly say "I've never been shown that before"

Swings and roundabouts.
:O

noblues
30th Oct 2003, 07:09
PFL's - usual question of 'what field you going for'

Student ALWAYS says 'the green one' aaaaahhhhh !

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On asking my student 'why do you think you are loosing altitude'

He replies ' Is it because of gravity?' !!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Trial lesson - immediatley after takeoff I have a rough running engine with severe vibration - I declare a MAYDAY and do a 300ft circuit and land amidst fire trucks .......... Trial lesson chap says 'that was great fun can we do it again' ! Honest, true story.