PDA

View Full Version : Terry the Humberside Tower Controller

fourthreethree
19th Oct 2003, 19:05
My two year old daughter has just been watching Playdays, and the program was filmed from Humberside airport. She watched transfixed as Terry in the tower carried out his duties, and all credit he did it with a straight face as Why Bird asked what colour strips he uses for birds!!! (Green ones, apparantly:D )

So, who is Terry??? Is he a Prooner? Hats off to you Terry, hope they paid you well!!!:ok:

Incidentally, the program knocked the socks off the BBC's "Crowded Skies" documentary!!:D :} :)

The Euronator
20th Oct 2003, 05:21

Wait until she see's you at work..."Dad, Terry the tower guy separates them a lot better than you,he never has blockies, what's up with that???"

Punditgreen
20th Oct 2003, 16:42
Terry is still alive (just) and engaged in the aviation scene (also, I believe, just). His attention will be drawn to this post.

Niknak might provide some amplification

Jerricho
20th Oct 2003, 17:20
I'll bet Terry never b!tched about a £15k pay rise to keep him there :E

niknak
20th Oct 2003, 22:08

Yes Terry's still around and drinking his way through semi - retirement (although he left the atc/op's director business some time ago, he still does consultancy work), I'll be sure to mention it the next time I see him.
He and I both got some considerable stick for our little adventure into the film world.
That programme was made some 8 or 9 years ago, the film crew were all complete nutters and I won't tell you what goes up Y Birds rear end :p

As for payment.................. :ooh: :{

Legs11
21st Oct 2003, 05:59
I've had the pleasure of Terry's company - and you don't want to know what goes up his rear end!:yuk:

Seriously though, is he still involved with HIAL?