PDA

View Full Version : Film for Television

carlaf
15th Oct 2003, 19:40
Hi, my name is Carla and I am a researcher at London Weekend Television. We are presently making a programme called LONDON'S HOME MOVIE'S, which is an archive programme based on people's own video footage of London pre-1975. One episode is on transport, and I would love to hear from any of you who filmed anything on airfields, in airports, or of aeroplanes. My work number is 0207 633 2503 and my mobile is 07909 915 878. Please pass my contact details on to anyone that may have footage!

Thanks very much for your help
Carla

DSR10
15th Oct 2003, 20:33
Dont part with anything under £500.00 per minute or part minute.
Insist thats its for one UK showing only and you want repeat fees and residuals of any overseas sales.
Remember it was LWT who screwed everyone with "Mile High" for Sky One

Bumz_Rush
16th Oct 2003, 03:08
Spoken like a professional.
Whatever you do, ensure that nothing leaves your vault, without an agreement that your material will be used as furnished, and not manipulated, unless as previously mentioned, you have reserved the distribution rights.

5milesbaby
16th Oct 2003, 05:28
Surely this is blatent advertising for materials to be used to get ratings and therefore make some fat cat even fatter, so either

a: Danny should be given a nice cut too; or,
b: this post should be binned.

PPRuNe Pop
16th Oct 2003, 21:18
How long is an episode? 30 minutes? 1 hour? They will be very selective and I doubt that there is that much around. But as they say, you never know. We can insist that PPRuNe is given some credit but that usually falls on deaf ears! Experience has been that these requests are often - shall we say, not exactly enthusiastically received.

PAXboy
18th Oct 2003, 18:40
A recent brush with British TV:[list=1]
Asked to participate in TV prog, due to my 12 years experience in a particular field.
Asked to give four minutes worth of contribution/presentation.
On day of programme, told to reduce to three minutes.
Less than an hour before live transmission - asked to reduce further as they were running late. I refused.
Ten minutes before we started, they objected to a quotation that I had put in and scored it out. I suspect mainly because they wanted to save time.
Throughout the process, I was not given the things that I was promised at the first meeting. Having been asked to participate as a long term professional - I was treated like an amateur.
[/list=1]
The fee was paid promptly but I'm not sure it was worth the hassle.

Another example - on BBC News website, they are asking for pictures of Conc. Amateurs will offer and be pleased that their pic is used. Professionals lose out. Note the conditions that apply to those who offer pics: In contributing to BBC News Online you agree to grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media.

BoeingMEL
29th Oct 2003, 02:29
Good luck with your film Carla... hope it's better than your grammar.....IT'S MOVIES NOT MOVIE'S...OK bm