PDA

View Full Version : further to my HELP!

markbusby
14th Oct 2003, 02:29
thankyou for your reply to my post. I have been thinking some more about the problem, and whilst as has been said, a high passenger load is best, mathematically, i want to show (with algebra, graphing etc.) what differences any changes would have. How long does a normal full load of passengers getting off, and a new full load boarding take in terms of turnaround? Does this flight use the maximum possible seat arangement? I will graph somewhat strange examples such as 20 passengers so that i can see how different the turnaround times are. Will the plane fly quicker with less fuel? How is the cost per passenger calculated? It was stated that passengers do
not make up the main part of the load. Is fuel the biggest part? Is it true that there must be a minimum of 25% of the maximum fuel load for the flight? I am going to calculate the changes over 365 days so hopefully there will be significant change to report.

This exercise is not purely about me arriving at a solution which shows an improvement, but that I can apply mathematics to a problem at an advanced level and arrive with an end statement which can be reported with pure mathematics. Fun indeed! not!!!

Once again thankyou for your much appreciated help,

Cheers,

Mark.