PDA

View Full Version : Travel between LHR-LTN, and LGW-LTN

320DRIVER
2nd Oct 2003, 06:15
What is the cheapest way to get from LHR to LTN and from LGW to LTN?

Thanks.

Golf Charlie Charlie
2nd Oct 2003, 07:18
LGW to LTN is surprisingly easy. There's a pretty good through train (via the Thameslink company) which operates every 30 minutes or so and takes about 60 to 90 minutes.

kriskross
2nd Oct 2003, 15:57
The Thameslink is surprisingly good, at least on the occasions I've used it - beats risking all on the M 25 anyway!!!

Make sure you get off at Luton Parkway - if you're going to the Airport, and take the shuttle bus to Departures.

Pontius P
2nd Oct 2003, 21:39
The cheapest way is surely to cycle or walk.

Joe Phoenix
2nd Oct 2003, 22:20
In the UK, each time you get run over on your trip you will be charged £10 by A+E.

either of the proposed trips would involve cycling through london .... a train ticket would be cheaper.

In trim
3rd Oct 2003, 01:03
LGW-LTN:

Cheapest would be coach, but I would only use that if I really was skint. If I could afford any other option then forget the coach!

Train service as mentioned above is pretty good and hassle free, although on the odd day things go wrong, they go very wrong indeed and can be a complete bl**dy nightmare. However, this is your best option. Can be expensive at peak (London arrival) times.

Car is easy and quick off peak, (late night and early early morning) but otherwise it's a bit of a lottery on the M25.

LHR-LTN
not much choice. Coach is your best bet, but I hate bl**dy coaches.

invalid entries
8th Oct 2003, 04:46
You may find this website handy for this kind of thing:

www.toandfromtheairport.com