PDA

View Full Version : Yet another error in the Pilot magazine quiz...

ToryBoy
1st Oct 2003, 22:42
This is the second error I have noticed in the "How Air Brained Are You" quiz in 3 issues.

Apart from it being annoying I must ask..... "Is it safe to give wrong answers to a quiz that often concerns air safety and is read by people who might not have the experience to notice a mistake?"

First prize goes to the person who spots it and posts it on this thread!

Makes me glad I cancelled that subscription after all.:yuk:

BRL
1st Oct 2003, 22:59
Yea, I can just see the headline now

"Mid-air collison and forced landing on school could have been avoided had the answer to question 2 in the August edition of Pilot magazine had been A instead of B.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Flyin'Dutch'
1st Oct 2003, 23:05
Boy,

Can you share the contents of the question and anwer with us rather than just having a rant?

FD

BTW if you cancelled the sub how comes you are still reading said magazine?

PPPPP
1st Oct 2003, 23:06
Ok I'll try my luck...crosswind leg for a RH RW10 circuit should of course be 190 deg.

knobbygb
1st Oct 2003, 23:31
I spotted that too, but didn't like to post as I imagined making a fool of myself - after all how can someone tasked with writing a 10 question quiz get such a basic thing wrong? :confused: The PPL confuser has over a thousand questions so you'd expect some mistakes, but not in somthing like that. Perhaps they're just seeing if we're all awake (or want to know if anybody actually does the quiz perhaps)?

Evo
1st Oct 2003, 23:32
Is there an answer involving a noise abatement turn to avoid overflying a new housing estate, petrol station, NIMBYs or a retired BA captain. That's a normal crosswind leg, innit?