PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Revalidation Seminars

Helinut
29th Sep 2003, 02:57
My FI(H) has lapsed so one of the "hoops" to be jumped through now is one of these seminars. I have got out of the instructing loop so I don't know who does them these days.

Obviously, I want one that covers heles, but I believe most of them do.

Can anyone help with where I can get info about dates and venues??

Philip Whiteman
2nd Oct 2003, 04:43
You'll find a listing on p.24 ('Instructors' News') of the October issue of AOPA's General Aviation magazine.

Dan Winterland
2nd Oct 2003, 17:30
AOPA and On-track are the two main contenders. On-Track have a seminar this weekend at Sibson and there are still places - I think. Try Al on [email protected] AOPA have one in Dec.

mr_flydive
3rd Oct 2003, 01:08
I didn't find the On track one any good. However it did get me through the hoop.

? the others.

SpannerInTheWerks
12th Oct 2003, 17:36
Hi Guys

I understand that one of the Providers has a seminar arranged next month in Wythenshawe, Manchester.

Any details as it is not being provided by either AOPA nor On-Track?

Thanks

Figure Of Merit
7th Nov 2003, 01:48
Hi

Need to get my reval done by March. Could some kind soul out there with access to the mag that Philip Whiteman refers to post or PM me the options between now and April?

Thanks in advance

FoM

Staple
7th Nov 2003, 05:20
mr_flydive

What was wrong with On-Track? I'm coming up to needing to book a seminar

Dan Winterland
8th Nov 2003, 18:23
IMHO, there's nothing wrong with on track. I have just attended one of their seminars - it was excellent.

essouira
11th Nov 2003, 03:52
I did an AOPA one and it was fine if you don't mind being a completely passive recipient. All the speakers knew their stuff. There was no interaction but a lot of the participants seemed to prefer that. I did learn a few things which made me glad I'd been there - eg don't forget to do a PFL as part of the IMC training. Upcoming dates are on the AOPa website..