PDA

View Full Version : CPL in the midlands

Louis Euan
28th Sep 2003, 04:41
I have recently finished my IR and have just moved house to live near Nottingham. I need a CPL but I also need to work full time. Can anyone recommend a flying school which I can commute to from Nottingham. I have looked into Atlantic Flight Training at Cov which I think might be the closest, it certainly seems to be one the cheapest which is a definate plus. :8

Obs cop
28th Sep 2003, 18:06
There are some cheaper than Atlantic, but to be honest, you would probably be best advised to visit Atlantic and take it from there.

They have a good set up and have just advertised a part time CPL course if you are working. Very helpful bunch of people so give them a ring and pop down.

Obs cop

sk4644
28th Sep 2003, 21:18
Louis,
you say you have done your IR already? I have found a few places which recommend doing this before the CPL. Did you have any problems doing it this way around?
Thanks!
SK

ha, just scrolled down and have seen a similar thread already up! Still, your opinion on whether you would do it this way around again would be great!!

carbonfibre
29th Sep 2003, 16:37
Try Wolverhampton Business airport they have a few good schools there.

Mike Robbins at www.hgfc.co.uk or Chris Caine at CATS, both advertise in Magazines, both good experiences instructors and one a CAA examiner

:ok:

Louis Euan
30th Sep 2003, 05:14
No I have not found doing the IR a problem as yet, I will let you know after doing my CPL some people might say that IR holders tend to keep their head in the cockpit too much in the CPL.
The other thing is some schools such as Oxford don't cater for IR holders wanting to do a 15hr CPL which is a shame.
THe onlyreason I did it this way round was due to weather constraints and starting flying training in February was better suited to an IR which obviously has less limitations as far as weather is concerned. However the weather was quite good for March and April and I could have done my CPL quite quickly.
Thinking back this would have been better because then I could have done an FIR after and made some (not much) money whilst building up hours and then when the industry recession picks up done an IR. Hindsight a wonderful thing!:oh: