PDA

View Full Version : General Dynamics eye BAe

ORAC
26th Sep 2003, 19:01
AWST:

General Dynamics Corp. is conducting due diligence on BAe Systems Plc, with the possibility that GD could follow up with a formal offer to acquire the UK-headquartered company, according to financial and investment community professionals. A General Dynamics official said it would be inappropriate to comment, and a BAe Systems executive has little to say......

eal401
26th Sep 2003, 19:57
a BAe Systems executive has little to say......

Business as usual then! :rolleyes:

Bus429
26th Sep 2003, 21:34
That's it then. BAe will have few qualms about selling out to a US corp.

G-SPOTs Lost
27th Sep 2003, 04:57
I'm sure there will be an issue with the Airbus holdings going to an American Company.

What they are I've no idea

maninblack
29th Sep 2003, 20:38
I'm sure the board of BAe will try and sell this to the country as a great opportunity for the population of Preston and Blackpool to relocate to warmer climes or a dole queue.

It will be another great boon for the UK aerospace industry just like selling the 125 production line to the US, closing the 146 down (didn't that boost employment?) and becoming the wing assembly centre of excellence......a success for sales of imported rivets but doing stuff all else for UK Aerospace PLC.

Loftie
8th Oct 2003, 02:50
Might be wrong but I think that the majority of BAe shares (more than 50%) are already owned by non Brits.