PDA

View Full Version : interesting pic

Kempus
25th Sep 2003, 03:29
Hi guys,

Put this pic in the questions forum but not had many replies so i know there are a few pilots in here that give advice to use wannabes an all that and are full of info so maybe you can enlighten me!

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103339

kempus :ok:

Jinkster
25th Sep 2003, 06:42
What do you want to know?

slingsby
25th Sep 2003, 16:34
I've never had the pleasure of this superb bird so close so I'm only theorising.

Sonic boom, yes you would probably hear it. I know cruise ships plying the atlantic get quite a few doses of the double boom.

Shock wave - never heard of any incidents, seeing as though two fly everyday over the same airspace and over as many aircraft each day, I would have thought that of it did cause problems, the press would have bitten on that one and the oceanic tracks altered.

Phenomenal picture though, it must be pretty spectacular from the Concorde point of view as well, seeing subsonic traffic appearing to go backwards as they pass some 700mph + faster over them.

Kempus
26th Sep 2003, 05:42
hi,

basically just wanted to know what effect concorde has on the sub sonic traffic. seems to be answered by not much.

do you have do explain to the pax what the double boom they just heard was?

kempus

TRon
26th Sep 2003, 20:49
Do you meen the PAX on the boat or the Aircraft?.

In terms of Subsonic traffic they travel in their own airspace across the pond so never get in the way of it. They only go Supersonic over the water, not over land for the sonic boom issue.

moggie
29th Sep 2003, 18:21
You don't just hear the boom, you feel it through the airframe. Well worth a quick word on the PA, in my experience.