PDA

View Full Version : Spanish PA

FlyingIrishman
21st Sep 2003, 23:30
Having been inspired by my usual PA being translated to Swedish, I'm looking for someone kind enough to translate it to Spanish to add to my collection. My company now has a lot of flights to Spain and I think it's nice for the passengers to be greeted in their native language as well as English (as well as the Irish accent being difficult to understand for foreigners apparently).

If anyone out there will translate this I'd very much appreciate it:

Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning/afternoon/evening and welcome aboard, this is your captain speaking. My name is xxx and assisting me on the flight deck is first officer xxx. You have a great crew looking after you in the cabin led by cabin supevisor xxx and her team of xxx, xxx and xxx who will take good care of you this morning/afternoon/evening.

We are almost ready to go, just waiting for the last bits of paperwork to be completed, expecting to close the doors and start the engines in the next 5 minutes. The expected flight time today is approximately x hours and x minutes, our routing today will take us away from xxx towards xxx, then passing xxx, xxx and xxx, before beginning our descent over xxx. We will be cruising at xxx thousand feet and weather en route should be good.

The cabin crew will be performing a safety demonstration while we taxi the aircraft to the runway so I would ask you to please pay them your full attention as it is not only for your own safety but also for those passengers seated around you.

I will be speaking to you later on with more information about the flight, the latest weather for xxx and the approximate arrival time. In the meantime please relax and enjoy the service, thank you for your attention.

Muchas Gracias,

TFI

coronelnel
23rd Sep 2003, 04:42
Hello my friend, I send you back a complete translation of the text.

Seņoras y seņores, buenos dias/buenas tardes/buenas noches, bienvenidos a bordo. Les habla el capitan. Mi nombre es xxx y me asiste en cabina el primer oficial xxx. La tripulacion esta a su servicio dirigidos "por el sobrecargo (male), por la sobrecargo (female)" y compuesta por xxx, xxx y xxx que les atenderan esta maņana/ esta tarde/ esta noche.
Estamos casi listos, esperando solo la ultima documentacion y esperamos cerrar puertas y poner en marcha en 5 minutos. La duracion del vuelo sera aproximadamente de x horas xx minutos. Nuestra ruta hoy sera desde xxx hacia xxx, pasaremos (better sobrevolaremos) por xxx, xxx y xxx, antes de iniciar nuestro descenso sobre xxx. Ascenderemos hasta xxx mil pies y el tiempo en nuestra ruta es bueno.
La tripulacion de cabina les hara una demostracion de seguridad mientras rodamos, les pido por favor que presten la maxima atencion ya que no es solo por su seguridad sino tambien por las personas que le rodean.
Mas tarde me pondre en contacto de nuevo con ustedes con mas informacion sobre el vuelo. el ultimo informe meteorologico de xxx y nuestra hora de llegada.
Entre tanto por favor relajense y disfruten del vuelo. Muchas gracias por su atencion.

Temperature = Temperatura xxx grados Celsius
Clear skies = Despejado
Scatered = nubes dispersas
Broken = parcialmente cubierto
Overcast = Cielo cubierto
Rain = lluvia
Snow = nieve
1 uno 2 dos 3 tres 4 cuatro 5 cinco 6 seis 7 siete 8 ocho 9 nueve 0 cero.

Best regards.

FlyingIrishman
23rd Sep 2003, 16:44
Thank you very much for all your troubles!!!! Muchas Gracias.

Dantruck
5th Oct 2003, 00:33
FlyingIrishman

As a fellow flying part-irishman (which means I understand the accent thing) here is a couple of rules on pronounciation which might help you to be understood.

The letter H is always silent.
When the letter L appears twice (for example: pollo) you pronounce a letter Y sound, to get 'poyo.'
Sound out everything you see, eg: restaurante becomes 'res-ta-oo-ran-te.'
There are no 'zee' sound in Spanish, only crisp 's' sounds, like the one at the start of the english word escape.

That's all I can remember from my twice weekly lessons here on the Costa Del Sol. You'll have to wait 'till next week for any more from me.

Muchos saludos

Dan Coughlan